Sunday, August 2, 2009

The rain keeps coming

We just braved the pouring rain to get to the library. WoW i don't think it will ever end.

So this was a fun week. First off President Smith called and asked sis ganaha and I to teach a workshop for a youth conference. The youth from the cherrhill new jersey stake came to new york. It was intense and a lot of pressure. We had to teach 3 - 50 minute classes. It was really fun though. It was funny to see all the little cliques and stuff. Man I dont miss those years of life. hahah. But it made me really want to be an efy counselor. It was fun and was nice to have a change from the regular routine. I hope they enjoyed it and learned something. It also felt good to know that President already trusted us enough to do that!

So it was really funny a couple of days ago on the bus sis ganaha was on one end talking to someone and I was on the other end doing the same and then when we got out she was still talking to her contact and so I just walked behind them and man... something smelt sooo bad. I just figured it was something outside because it really smelt like pee. Then I realized when I stepped away from Sis G and her contact the smell would disappear. Then I noticed the lady she was talking to had peed herself. EEEKS! Right as I realized that I heard sis G say "Man it really smells bad out here huh?" hahaha... anyways.. guess you had to be there but it was pretty funny.

So a cool thing happened on pioneer day. We were walking across the street to find a bathroom and then eat dinner and this guy was like "sisters!!! What are you doin right now? " we told him we were about to eat and he was like well let me treat you. So this guy totally bought us chipotle (which is way too expensive for us). He is a BYU professor named Bro Neilson and he teaches religion: church history classes. He was here to talk to people of other faiths. He was so great!! So I know that you can find teacher's email address on the BYU website directory thing. So I was wondering if someone could find him and send him a thank you email for me! :D It really was so nice. I cant get over it. He also has a show on the new mormonradio thing. He was awesome!!!

So here is a tip I would like to share with the world about working with missionaries. If you ever feed them LET THEM SERVE THEMSELVES!!! o MAN... I cant tell you how many times I have gotten sick from trying to eat all that people give us. I blame the members for any weight I gain. haha. Sometimes I'm really hungry... sometimes I'm not.. so please let me choose how much I eat. lol!

I got the greatest pictures of Janson from Britt. O i just love them. Did britt cut her hair? I have been showing them to everyone.

So today we went to the temple. I love it there. sooo peaceful. My thoughts are always turned to my family past, present and future. What a beautiful thing we have to know that we can all be together forever. After we went to the temple sis g and our apartment mates went to two of the most famous NY bakeries. OOOOO MY O MY. Crumbs and magnolia's . I cant wait to take you guys... Heaven is what it should really be called :D.

The work is going really well. We had an investigator at church this week and it was her second time. She is so cute and says that she feels peace when she reads the scriptures. I totally agree with her. They always ease my worries. Scripture POWER!! woot!

Well I love you all so much! Don't forget that!
LOVE YOU TO THE MOON AND BACK!
-SIS WADSWORTH

No comments: