Sunday, August 23, 2009

More keeps coming

Well I am not going to lie this week has been amazing! It's the end of the cycle and so it always makes me nervous. So here is the down low. Miracle... Sis Ganaha and I are STILL TOGETHER!!! YAYYYYY!! BUT... we were asked to take over another ward... the SINGLE'S WARD!! So now we cover two wards and areas. Luckily the single's ward contains our family ward but wow! I feel like we were just getting the handle on our area and getting things really pumped up but I guess I need to learn that there is ALWAYS more! I am really humbled with the trust the Lord has put in us to do this. I don't know how long it will last but it will be intense. We will have to go to a lot of church on Sunday. Skip a lot of meals and travel a lot more. BUT I AM SOOO EXCITED for this challenge. It is so cool to contact everyone and to be able to teach anyone we talk to (that lives in our area) no matter the age! I have missed contacting singles and working with them. They are so much more receptive because truthfully most of them are still trying to figure out life and what they believe or what they want in life. SO woot sauce about that. The single's ward we are in covers Julliard. So we will be teaching some very talented people. I don't even know what to think about the situation but I am both scared and excited. But I know that Heavenly Father will help us out and that we will see many miracles from the small efforts we can do on with our free will.

So we had a ward picnic last Saturday and we had some investigators there. It was so fantastic to see the ward members fellowshipping. Some of our ward members are seriously super stars. I am so grateful for them. One of investigators brought his 4 year old son Ricky (Who we just found out that his name was ricky not wicky because of his dad's accent we thought it was wickie this whole time and so we called him that... terrible). Anyways so Ricky is really shy but we wanted him to have fun and so I used my little kid magic and was playing with him and I ended up running around the park with him for like an hour straight playing tag and throwing a ball. Needless to say I was soooo hot and sweaty. Sweaty is natural here. It's so humid everyone is constantly wet just from walking around... so I was really sweaty at this point. But he had fun. Then after the ward activity we had an appointment with an investigator and because there was no other lady with us we had to teach in a public place so we decided to go back to the park. It was getting late and it got dark as we were teaching and we were by a light and there were bugs all over the place and I kept feeling myself getting bit. O man it was gross... So then the next morning I counted....14 BUG BITES!!!!! All over my legs and feet and a couple on my arms. I didn't have any sort of bug bite cream and of course it was Sunday! It was miserable. Try having 14 bug bits and wearing nylons and then it being really humid and sweating all day. HAHA. It the worst. I have also realized I am extra allergic to mosquito bites. They get really red and really swollen. I took pictures so you will see. Everyone says I look like I have chicken pox on my legs. SO... yea. I finally got to buy calamine (?) lotion and some bug bite stuff on Monday but man I could not sleep that night. So since then I have been sleeping with long socks on to keep me from scracting accidentally in the night. When I am awake I can do a good job not scratching. Hopefully that didn't gross anyone out too much.

We have member I love who fell and cut her toe really bad a couple of weeks ago and so she has stitches and has to wear a big shoe thing. She is going to a school to become a nursing assistant since she lost her job as a seamstress. But for some reason the school told her that she could not complete the class because she couldn't wear the correct uniform shoes. So she had to go to the doctor to get a piece of paper saying it was a legit injury. But when she brougth it back to the teacher she said it wasn't legit because there was no stamp on it. So she went back to the hospital to get it but no one had any idea what she was talking about. (SORRY this is a long preface). So when she told us her story we asked her if we could help and she said well you can come with me to the doctor again so that we can find the stamp. So we prayed really hard that we would be able to some how find this stamp that no one could find before. Then we went with her and I kept thinking that the Lord has given us the power to help the people in this area and she needs this and our faith is strong ... we can do it. So we walked up to the nurses desk and explained the situation and she was like "no we don't have a stamp. I have no idea what you are talking bout". Then we felt prompted to have her ask the actual doctor and right as she asked the doctor said "of course I never leave my house without my stamp" and then stamped it. I know that was prob not as cool of a story as I was in person but I felt so at peace that my Heavenly Father knew our situation and heard our prayers and gave us something as small as a little stamp. I know that prayers are answered. No matter how small they are. He loves us and He wants us to succeed. Our joy is His joy. Our prayers may not be answered how we expect them to but they will be answered in the way they are supposed to be. The way that will make us happiest. I am so grateful for that knowledge.

Well I sure love you guys. I hope that everything continues to go well. Good luck all of you who are starting school again. I'm not jealous of that quite yet. HAHAH.

love you to the moon and back
-Sis Wadsworth

No comments: