Monday, August 31, 2009

The Loaves and the Fishes keep on comin

Sometimes I wonder if there will ever be a day when I don't cry in the middle of the library reading my email. Hahaha. It's not a bad cry, I just think that all the missing of people I have ignored during the week catches up with me on pdays when I read about home. I figure its the only time I can do it and still consider myself focused. haha.

I totally agree with you mom about worrying is a habit and a choice. Every reaction we have is. It is all in our head most of the time and if we rely on the Lord and ask for His help we can change our mind just like that!

I am super surprised that I didn't see Aunt Kenna but I guess the Lord knows best. It actually was best probably because sunday was so crazy amazing. I donno if I could have handled one more thing. So the two wards we now cover overlap by one hour. So we had 3 people at our first meeting then we had to teach gospel principles, but then we had to meet our other investigator right before church so he would feel comfortable... anyways It was nuts. Sis G and I ended up having to split up for a while so we could be everywhere at once. It worked out fine and I am just sooo grateful for the love that the Lord is pouring on us. We are seeing so many miracles already. SOOO... We only got one new investigator last week because we were working so hard to keep track of the 5 we got the week before and Heavenly Father knew that and soo he sent us a miracle investigator. He has a girlfriend who is a member of our church and so after she prompted him he requested a Book of Mormon online. Then we got the referral and met with him at the church where he proceeded to tell us that he knew nothing about God or Jesus Christ or anything about any church really because his family never taught it at home and he never had made the effort to look until now. It made me a little bit nervous to start clean slate but I thought to myself about who is at the head of this work and what I would be testifying of and my nerves were immediately calmed. Then he came to church on sunday and LOVED it! He has read through 1 Nephi 12 and is starting to read the bible also. He told us that he cant explain the way that he is feeling he said "I'm so happy. It just feels so good and soo right!" I could barely contain my excitement. He is truly manna from Heaven! HAHA. I feel overly blessed to be teaching him. The ward is so amazing too they support us so much and love to fellowship the new people. So lets just say that things have been fantastic!!!!

Another of our investigators is moving along well. She is coming with us on Saturday to clean the church with the Young Women in the ward. I asked her if she liked to clean and she said "Not at my house but I would at the church!" She is so great. She told us how last year in school she had to write a paper about someone who was your hero or and who had a big influence in your life that had passed on and she did hers on Joseph Smith. Mind you she had only been to church a few times as she went with her grandparent. She is so great and the young women are so excited to add another girl to there very small group of 5.

I have been working a lot on being more charitable. Not only in deed but also in thought. I have a motto of "refusing to find fault". I am working to look at the good in people rather than their faults which as humans we automatically notice first. It has been a challenge because our minds are such creatures of habit but I know with the help of my Savior my righteous desires will come forth.

So a couple of nights ago the sisters we live with were like ... WE HAVE SOMETHING TO TELL YOU SIS WADSWORTH!! Then the proceeded to tell me that they got into an elevator with this guy in there and he smiled as they came in and said "do you know sis wadsworth?" and they were like yea we live with her. Then he responded "tell her David said hi" and my roomie was like well whats your last name so I can tell her and just like david would he said "Just say David, she will know who I am". SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO David Moncion was totally in a close by building. CRAZY!! HAHAHA. This city .... man its full of ...stuff. haha.

Well we are goin to play soccer with 3 zones of missionaries(like 30 missionaries). It should be FUN! I love you all and cant wait to hear about what happens next week.

love you to the moon and back
-kaitlyn

No comments: