Sunday, August 9, 2009

Photos - Finally

We have had scanner issues and have not been able to add any of the photos Katy has sent to us. This week she sent us a CD with a bunch of photos cause her photo memory was full, so now I can add a few photos! They are of her and some of her converts and in Central park and outside her old apartment. Thanks, Pauline




I seriously can't believe the summer is almost over (hartke has closed). It seriously blows my mind how fast time is going. The days seem long but the weeks fly by. Its a terrible curse.

Anyways we have had such an amazing week. I am just constantly reminded of how aware our Heavenly Father is of each of us. Im sure you could tell from my emails these last couple of months that things in this area are tough. I felt like everyday we were just running in circles with no success. But I put my trust in the Lord because I know that no effort goes wasted when we are doing the Lord's work. So I would just tell myself... there is success around the corner.. I know it... I wont get frustrated. So needless to say this week has been amazing. We looked up a less active last week (I think I told you) who has two daughters 13 and 8. So we went to see them and then the 13 year old told us how much she loves the BOM and how she takes it to school to read during breaks. And pretty much shes amazing and she went to church with us and has accepted a baptismal date. She will get baptized at the end of the month!! MIRACLE!!! Then also this week we have gotten so many media referrals. People requesting free items or just a visit from us. So one was a lady name Yvette and she wanted a missionary visit because recently when she went to visit her uncle in Georgia she met the missionaries there who were teaching her uncle and he got baptized! So she was able to see his conversion and decided she wanted to also learn more. So we met with her last night for the first time. She is so cute and we had a relief society activity right after our lesson and she came with us and got along so well with the ladies there and loved it!! It was priceless. I couldn't stop smiling as I watched her talk with everyone and just bounce around meeting all the ladies. The ward was so great too to reach out to her and make her feel welcome! HALLELUJAH! So pretty much we are trying to stay humble and remember that we are not the ones producing these miracles. I am so grateful that my Heavenly Father has trusted me to work with these amazing children of God.

So on a sad note one of our APs who I actually was my first zone leader and I served around him my whole mission just went home and they told us two days ago that he has been diagnosed with Leukemia. It's been really sad but also such a faith builder. He is such an amazing missionary and so high spirited. Please keep elder evans in your prayers. They have said that he has a very high chance of recovering completely. We are so grateful for that. It has just been a very humbling experience. I know that our trials will never disappear completely but I am so grateful for the gospel which gives us the strength to not only overcome them but to grow and learn from them.

So funny story. We have been working with this less active Irene that I have mentioned before. She is so great and has been coming to church steadily. So this Sunday was testimony meeting and she got up to bear her testimony and it was so pure and sweet. Then during it she decided to do some shout outs... She said "I would like to thank Sis Ganaha and Sis Wadsworth for meeting with me to help me build my faith and not giving up on me. But I do wish I had one more thing. I have asked multiple times for home teachers and I have not seen them for over 3 years".... HAHA. So she pretty much called her home teachers to repentance. It was so funny though and everyone after her commented about it and it was really cute. The funny thing is her home teachers have been trying to see her they just get shut down by her daughter that lives there or cant get a hold of her. The 2nd counselor stood up and was like "man if everyone stood up and announced who hadn't been home taught yet this month I think we would get a lot more home teaching done so .. .starting next month we will do that... " haha. It was fantastic.

Also a funny side note. I have spent more time in Starbucks on my mission then I have in my whole life thus far. One because its free to sit in them and teach when people are not comfortable with us in their homes or to do studies. And second because they have public bathrooms. (Thank goodness for those bathrooms... they have saved me countless times). So if dad gets Starbucks cards this year for Christmas ... I call dibs on them for all the yummy desserts they have! I know weird huh?

So we are off now to go to Chinatown for a crazy day of fun. I don't really know what we expect to find but I'm excited to spend more than an hour lunch break there after a meeting running around thinking ... only ten more minutes ... hurry!

LOVE YOU ALL TO THE MOON AND BACK!!!

-TOOTS

No comments: