Sunday, August 16, 2009

going and going and going

Hello Friends and Family,

So this week was a roller coaster (as a mission always is). Our baptismal date's mother decided they were going to go out of town this weekend at the last minute, preventing her from coming to church and thus preventing her from being our baptismal date. Just a little humbling reality check to keep us on our toes. But its ok she will make it when she is ready. We got some amazing new investigators this week but sadly we are finding the people who are not very committed. They get us all excited and then disappear. So we are trying to be more careful where we look for people to teach. We need Kingdom builders here for sure! haha.

We do have this super cool investigator. Anyways before our lesson this week we went and played H.O.R.S.E at a local park because he loves basketball. And Sister G was so amazing. She kept doing these crazy shots. One time she shot it with her eyes closed but the best was when she hit the ball into the basket with HER HEAD!!! Anyways we told him it was the holy ghost.. haha jk. It was cool though and we are just working on getting him to stop partying and come to church instead!

So two days ago sis g and I were walking to our dinner appointment and this guy was walking towards us and I was like "o snap... that's Tim Gun" and sure enough it was. HAHA. I was so scared though. If he wasn't who he was I totally would have contacted him. hahah. I tried to get a picture as he walked away but its not a good one. I thought you would be excited mom. It was hard to explain to sis g who he was because they don't watch project runway in japan. but then like 5 seconds later we walked passed a billboard and he was on it with heidi Klum. Anyways it was funny and pretty cool. I always see people I recognize but this guy I actually knew his name. lol.

SOO... the ward I am in now is known for being the tourist ward because its at a good time and its at the temple so its where all the tourists know to go. So I was walking out to find one of our investigators before church on sunday and I hear "gasp... KAITLYN!!" I was like ... woah .. that's my real name and then I turned around and saw my friend Alicia from the walk in center that I worked at at byu. Jason knows her too. It was so weird. Then she was like o I'm going to text megan and tell her. Then she said megan was freaking out... (kinda like i was). SOO.. the point of this story is that this is prob the most distracting mission in the world... Sis G was like... I am so glad I am not in my country. haha. Like all time there is music blaring that I love and billboards and advertisements EVERYWHERE for the movies coming out and books and concerts(Its like being on the strip 24/7). There are so many good places to eat and always little flea markets everywhere and fun stores to shop at. And I see people I know or people who know my family all the time. ALL OF WHICH I HAVE TO IGNORE!!! I am seriously learning major self control. I'm not saying in anyway that my mission is harder than anyone elses (they are all different and hard). But seriously. There are so many distractions. soo my little vent is over now. Its a good learning experience though.

So we had mission conference yesterday and the new mission president is going to be doing things a little different. I guess we aren't supposed to have mission conferences (?) and so we will be doing something different but he did say that we can take naps longer than 15 minutes now!! WHOOO!!! hahaha. They also told us that we will be getting a lot more sister missionaries in our mission. I don't know if its because he requested it or if there are just more sisters serving. I think its a little of both! WHOO SISTER POWER! But it will be exciting because he said they will be opening a lot more sister areas and so we can serve in more than 2 parts of our mission! YAYA!
So I am glad that everything is going well with the family. I show everyone I can pictures of Janson. He's already doing missionary work. haha. I am so grateful for the opportunity I have been given to be a missionary. It is not easy at all but it is something I wouldn't ever give away. I hope I can live up to the standards the Lord has set for us so that we can be worthy of His blessings and the joy that I know comes from living a righteous life. I am so grateful for my ancestors who paved the path for me to be a missionary right now at this time and age. I think often of what the pioneers went through and how I am far from experiencing what they did and so I am grateful to be here to support what they did back then.

Well... I am off to .... .drum roll please ... the Yankee's game!!!! Don't be too jealous I will be melting while wearing my nylons.

LOVE YOU TO THE MOON AND BACK
-TATERS

PS.. transfers are next Wednesday... we are not expecting any changes but just in case you know the drill ma.

No comments: