Wow... I'm super overwhelmed with emotion right now. Good e-mail... *sigh* Ok So this week has been so amazing! I am so overwhelmed with gratitude right now. Luckily I am at a church this time not at the library. I am so grateful that my Heavenly Father loves me enough to answer my prayers. Man I wish I could express what I am feeling. I just know that every prayer is heard. Im so grateful that He loves me enough to let me have joy in my life. We have been so amazingly blessed this week. The guy that I told you about last week who ordered a book of Mormon has already decided to be baptized! So this is how it went down:
So we had an appointment with him and a member who is amazing. We taught him about the gospel of Jesus Christ (faith,baptism,holy ghost,etc). And while we were teaching I kept getting this prompting to commit him to be baptized. I was a little nervous because it was less than a week since we had even met him. But at the end of the lesson I asked him how he felt his relationship with our Savior had changed since we first met him (he didn't believe in Him then. He then pretty much bore his testimony about how he knew that Christ had Atoned for his sins and that He was his personal Savior. Then I asked him some more questions and then read a verse in 2 nephi 31 where it refers to baptism as a gate and I told him how he was waiting now at the gate and that our Heavenly Father is waiting on the other side of it with so many blessings and ... it's time to open the gate. So we extended the date of Sept 19th but he said he felt like he should read the whole Book of mormon first. Then our amazing member pipes in and talks about how you will never learn everything and that the blessing of the gospel is that it is an on going lesson. He also talked about how he would understand more as he had the companionship of the Holy Ghost which comes after baptism. BAMMM. So then I asked Will to pray and ask God if Sept 19th was the right date and he committed then our amazing member piped in again and said "well would you be comfortable if we did it now? Together?". My jaw dropped and that was def only something he could do as his friend (they go to school together). So right then and there we all got on our knees and Will said the most sincere and powerful prayer, pleading with His Heavenly Father for direction. Then after the prayer no one moved and we all just sat there feeling the spirit. At that moment I knew we had called down the powers of Heaven and I knew there was no way that the spirit would tell him it was wrong. Then Will sighed and looked up with a huge smile on his face and said "it feels good". It was seriously the most amazing thing ever. We have been meeting with him daily to prepare him to be baptized and he is so amazing. He is reading so quickly and has the greatest faith. I am so humbled by this opportunity to teach him. I feel so blessed that my Heavenly Father has trusted me to teach someone so amazing. I cant even explain the gratitude I feel in my heart right now. This is the greatest work ever!
Our other investigators are progressing well and our YW sweet spirit is so excited for her baptism. She loves young womens. So on to less exciting things... well sorta. One funny story. At the beginning of our lessons we sing a song and at one of our lessons I wanted to sing I need the ever hour... and I dont know what happened but I started the song soooooo low! It was terrible and our ward mission leader was there and he was belting out a very low bass line of the song. I felt terrible but I could not stop laughing... Just imagine trying to invite the spirit with that. It dosent work if you're wondering. haha.
So SUPER SAD NEWS..... ACTUALLY DEVASTATING!! The post office had a fit and decided they wouldn't forward our mail from the mission home anymore. So now I have to wait for the APs or zone leaders to bring it to us every once in a while! TRAGEDY!!!!! It breaks my little missionary mail loving heart. So those of you who write my I will give you my current address if you want to write me soon but if you're gonna take a while you might as well send it to the mission home just in case I move. But mom you can give my address to those you feel comfortable giving it to and I will do the rest. So its been a sad week and a half ... with no mail really. O well I guess it makes me more focused? ! ?
Well I sure love you all. I am so grateful for your support and prayers. Tell Sis Sanders thank you but I will send her a thank you when I get her address. That money is Heaven sent. This place is so crazy expensive but the members have stepped up on feeding us so that's nice (mostly because we are in two wards but we will give them some credit).
LOVE YOU TO THE MOON AND BACK!
-TATERS
No comments:
Post a Comment