Sunday, September 27, 2009

Things have been crazy today. We had conference cleaning and trains were taking so long and all the computers are down at all the libraries and so it took forever to find somewhere to email. We are currently at the church's family history center.

Anywaysssssssssssssss
So this is what has gone down this week.

Gene had his 92nd birthday and so sis ganaha and I went and had some sugarless cake with him. It was fun! I can't believe how old he is but it was great to be with him. We wore party hats and he blew out his candles and everything.

So right now something kinda cool is that I am in a three person companionship until the end of the cycle with the mission president's daughter Dani. It's so great because we can go into any apartment. haha. Shes awesome too. So its a privilege to be with her. Yesterday we had our first appointment with her and we taught this lady I contacted what feels like forever ago. We have kept trying to teach her but something would always come up until yesterday. The spirit was so strong in the appointment and she accepted a baptismal date and committed herself to come to church. She loved the story of Joseph Smith because she said she felt like that too! I will let you know how it goes in the future.

We also had another appointment with our cute little Chinese investigators. THEY ARE SO AMAZING! We watched Finding Faith in Christ and I asked them how it made them feel to know that Christ did that for them and they said it really touched them. They are excited to come to church this Sunday. We are going to have such a great Sunday I know it... It will probably be my last Sunday in this ward (I'm praying its not) but looks like it might be with transfers.
Our investigators are doing well. They came to church on Sunday. They rock. We couldn't find one right after church on Sunday and so we were scared he got offended somewhere and left early. But when we called him that night he explained that he was just in the chapel waiting for the stake priesthood session to start. crazy huh? he is so amazing.

OK NOW ON TO THE COOLEST THING THAT HAPPENED THIS WEEK!!!!!! Soooooooo Sunday night president called us and asked us to be at the church the next day from 3-6 for a special assignment. He wanted sister ganaha for something and so I thought I was just there for the ride butttttttttt long story short. Because the yearly opening of the UN was here in New York a lot of dignitaries were here. So the emperor of Palau (google it haha) was coming to the church to learn more about us. He wanted to go to temple square but time didn't permit and so someone from the seventy called our public affairs office and asked them to set something up. SOOO they asked me to sing for him. AHHH. I got to sing with Elder Butler who is the nephew of the Greens and another missionary from Hawaii. It was so cool. We sang Families can be together forever and I am a child of God. It was cool. The Empress totally cried!! The problem was we actually were there from 3-8pm. It was the first day (and hopefully the last) that I didn't do any missionary work (well the regular stuff). After the meeting they took us to dinner. It was so weird. I felt really sick pretty much the whole day and so I just kept trying to smile and pretend I was not feeling sick. Anyways it was really neat. There were 8 of us missionaries there. The companions of those of us who sang and then a few who answered questions. It was SWEEEEEEEEET! But I was excited to go back to regular life the next day.

We are seeing so many miracles and I am praying I get to stick around and see more this next cycle. I just found out that two of my last roomies got their mission calls. Both to the Philippines. How cool is that? Another one is going to Iowa. So now there are 4/6 of us on or going on missions. HOW COOL IS THAT???

I am so grateful to be serving. Things are changing a lot in our mission. We have not got any new English sister missionaries lately and in two transfers all of the English sisters but me and 3 others leave. I am really scared about what is to come but I know that whom God calls He qualifies. I can do whatever He asks of me. *DEEP BREATH*. :D I am so grateful for the blessings and miracles God places in our lives. This gospel is the greatest news and we must shout it off of the hill tops. Next email... we will see where I am. I love you all. Pray for me!!!

No comments: