Sunday, September 20, 2009

Trying to shine

Well, *sigh* this week has been tough. So I will just start by saying that all three of our baptisms have been canceled/postponed. That has never happened to me before and so its hard to not get discouraged. It has really been a humbling experience. It's hard sometimes to not get discouraged but I know that this is Heavenly Father's work and I am not in control of anyone but myself. So as I do everything in my power to follow him and be a good missionary I know that all will work out. Good thing its not all about numbers or I would be going crazy. LOL

So on to the more happy things about this week. I finally got to try pinkberry. O man it was delicious. But I cant believe how expensive it is. Luckily a member took us :D. I remember Jodi talking about it once and now I know why. haha. We got two awesome new investigators this last week. They are both from China and really have no concept of God or religion. They are both so excited to learn more about God and how to come closer to Him. We taught them about prayer and they were so excited to do it. They have so many questions and its so fun to teach but also so hard to get them to understand things that they really have never heard before. I found myself relating how the holy ghost feels to how it feels when we like a boy. HAHA. "You cant explain it ... its just inside of you". Lol. It's so cool being a missionary here because I feel like I am teaching the whole world. The new york new york north mission = the mission of the world. That's what one of our members told us because we teach people from all over. It's sweet.

Something also very sweet about being a missionary here is I get to meet and see famous people. Especially famous Mormons. So I was sitting with my investigator in sacrament meeting on Sunday and this boy walks by and I was like ..eeeeek... thats totally DAVID ARCHULETA!! haha. He was so cool. He was wearing a white shirt and tie and everything. Looked just like he did on TV. Just a very sweet guy. I'm not going to lie it was hard to focus during sacrament meeting. I kept thinking ... Hes totally sitting behind me... Hes totally singing this same song with me. hahaha. Anyways it was cool.

We are not doing anything fun this pday. We just took a long nap and relaxed because after this week I couldn't handle anything stressful. haha. Please continue to pray for me and for my investigators. I know that there will be miracles. I am excited to see what God has around the corner as we continue to move forward in faith. This is such an amazing work. I love this gospel with all my heart and I know that no matter the sacrifice we make for it, its worth it. I am grateful for the power of the Atonement and that no one is too far out of our Savior's reach. What an amazing blessing it is to have this knowledge and to have access to the Atonement through the restoration of the gospel.

Love you all to the moon and back..

No comments: