Here are Katy's last two letters. Sorry I didn't get last week's posted earlier!
HEY HEY EVERYONE!
So it has been an interesting week. To tell you the truth I can't believe another week has gone by. It feels like this week flew by with conference and everything. I LOVED conference. I am always surprised how fast its over. I used to have a hard time lasting the whole two hours but not as a missionary. HAHA. I was so sad to see it end. We were so blessed to have so many nonmembers come to listen to the prophet. We had a huge portion of our investigators there. YIPPEEE! Our ward members are awesome in the singles ward. On Sunday they invited so many of their friends to come and then in between we went to central park for a picnic with all of them. I didn't get to eat because I was bouncing around trying to meet all of these people. I got to teach a restoration and give a Book of Mormon away instead of eating. Totally worth it! It was awesome! I love our Julliard and Columbia students. They are just the best!
So those of you who know me well know that I LOVE pumpkins. And something so cool about new york that I just realized is that because there are little markets everywhere there are pumpkins everywhere too!! It's awesome!!!!!! I love it. Then for the relief society activity last night they made desserts made with PUMPKIN!! O it was such a joy! Tender mercies from the Lord! Good thing for the pumpkins because mail has been so weird lately that I have only gotten two letters the last two and a half weeks. I did get your package though mom. I just picked it up from the post office and its sitting behind me waiting to be opened when I get home. Thank you ahead of time. You are always so thoughtful.
So sadly this week we had an appointment with an investigator and he told us he was not willing to give up certain things in his life that would enable him to be baptized. It was a very sad lesson for us. But I know that he will be ready one day. I read to him Ether 12:27 and just talked about how we all have weaknesses and that's how the Lord intends it. So that we can overcome them and grow. And that is possible because of the grace of our Savior Jesus Christ. Which is sufficient to save ALL souls. How blessed we are to know that! I am also learning a lot about my weaknesses and challenges. I know my Heavenly Father puts things in my path to help me to grow not just to watch me stumble. He has a perfect plan for me to become what He wants me to become. A refiners fire. Our challenges in life are not simple or easy but they are personally picked to be what we need to overcome our imperfections. The trick to use those challenges to grow rather than to shrink back and refuse to move forward. I am so grateful for the challenges I am given.
It is getting cold here. Everyday more and more layers are being put on. haha. Right about now it feels like Vegas winter weather. I remember when I thought this was unbearably cold. haha. oooo silly silly me. They say this is goin to be a rough winter. So I know how Kevin is feeling there in Idaho although we don't have snow yet. I was talking to the president's daughter who grew up in Rexburg about the winters there and comparing them to here. They are different in the fact that the humidity here causes the cold to CUT YOU TO THE CORE!!! burr... not looking forward to that buuuuuuuuuuttt thank goodness for thermal underwear and woolen socks!!! haha. Today is suuuuuuuper windy and we didn't know that until we were outside and sister ganaha and i are wearing very... flowy we will call it skirts. Pretty much I regret wearing this skirt. haha. We both were like running to the bus squealing and trying to keep our skirts down while sis dantes just laughed her head off behind us. haha.
So something super sweet this week.. WELL to me at least. Our ward mission leader's wife just had a baby and we went over for dinner and sis Petersen was in the kitchen cooking and bro Petersen was doing something else and the baby was in the crib screaming and so bro Petersen said ... Sis Wadsworth can you please pick him up for me...? I promise I wont get you in trouble. We are not allowed to hold children because of legal liabilities. SO ... I totally half way picked him up and let his feet touch the bottom of the crib so I wasn't really holding him. hahaha. It was so awesome though I miss really playing and being with kids.
Well it sounds like you guys had a fun conference weekend. Tell Devan and Kelsi I said congrats! That's going to be so fun for all of them.
So our companionship is going great! I am learning a lot and am so grateful for both of my companions. They are such great examples to me.
Well family and friends. I love you so much thanks for your love and support!
LOVE YOU TO THE MOON AND BACK!
-KAITLYN
OOOOOOOOOOKAY
So here is the transfer details. So I am with a Sister who came to my area and I also get to stay with sis ganaha. YAY!! So I guess that means I have a lot to learn from them. It will be interesting but I know Heavenly Father is in control. Its going to be an awesome cycle. So ... keep sending mail to the same address! ! !
So we did get to go to the relief society conference. It was so wonderful. We had to leave a little early so we could get home before 10:30. It was crazy to be out that late.haha.. i know woowww 10:30.. haha.I am sooo excited for conference this weekend. Its such an energizing experience. I love love love love love itttttttttttttttttttt!
Soo this weekend was amazing and also frustrating. Its always a roller coaster. So we started the week with sis smith (mission president's daughter). She was only with us for 3 days. Shes almost 25 and is only doin this until she figures out what she wants to do now that she is graduated. She is so amazing and it was a pleasure to see her. We got some great new investigators this week. One guy from Taiwan, one from Nigeria and one from China. Its so cool. We are also working with a girl from our service that is from Thailand. THIS IS THE COOLEST MISSION EVER!!! HAHA. One is a member referral and is so amazing. He is working on his faith in Christ but he loves the church and knows there is something different about us. He plays the violin at Julliard. We had dinner in the Julliard dorms on Saturday night. It was so cool to be with all these amazingly talented people. They are so humble too.
So because we weren't sure if one of us would be leaving we set an appointment with an investigator yesterday and he was SOOo excited that we weren't leaving. He is so great. He wrote us an awesome letter just expressing his appreciation for us and for the church. Then we had a lesson on missionary work and talked about when he could serve a mission and he is excited to serve! HOW AMAZING IS THAT??? He is not even baptized yet but he is already desiring to serve a mission.
It's getting cold here. I have already started to wear my lighter coat. My PUFFY hasn't come out yet. Hopefully that won't happen till the snow comes. I think I forgot how cold it gets here. ... I am not looking forward to that. BUT THE WORK MUST GO FORTH!
So a little info about my new comp. I actually lived with her in my first apartment. She is originally from Haiti and moved to Florida when she was a teenager. We have soo many people from Haiti in our area so it will be so great to have her with us.
Well I'm excited for what is to come this cycle. I expect to see so many miracles like we have been seeing. Keep praying for me like I know you do. I am so grateful to be part of this work. Even if things are hard or people let us down I know I can be happy because this is God's work and it will never cease to move forward. I am so lucky to be here and to be serving my Heavenly Father. How lucky I am that He trusts me enough to do this. PRAISE GOD! :D
Love you all to the moon and back!
No comments:
Post a Comment