Sunday, October 25, 2009

Crazy Week

This week has been sooo crazy!!!!! So right after I sent my email to you last week my companion Sis Dantes gasped and said "my grandfather passed away..". I felt really bad for her because its always hard to be away from home at times like that. Then when we left the library she said "sisters you re going to have to reschedule sis lythgoe's birthday plans, I need to call president!". I was a little confused but figured she just meant she was going call her family and talk to them today. BUT... she called President and pretty much told him that she was going home. She was almost done with her mission too. It just makes me think about how inspired transfers really are because if she had only had one companion this would have been a much more complicated problem. For anyone that is wondering... that kind of thing doesn't really ever happen...

So in other news this week we went to see Gene our 92 year old recent convert on Saturday and he informed us that he had been asked to bear his testimony in church the next day and tell his conversion story. He decided to practice for us and o man it was soo cute. He is a military guy and so when he started he made sure to acknowledge all of those of "rank" as he said. So he said "Bishop Moe, Counselor Green, Counselor Herrera... it is a pleasure to be here with you today..." haha it was awesome! Sadly though the next day was soo cold and rainy that Gene could not leave his apartment. He can't go out in the rain because he gets sick every time that he does. SOOOOOOO instead guess who got to talk?? haha yep. Sis Ganaha and I. Sis Ganaha actually went first because she was so scared and ended up using almost all the time and so the bishop told me to keep it short. So I just said a short testimony and sat down. Sis Ganaha was so confused. It was great! HAHA.

Also on Saturday night we had a little adventure. We had a dinner at one of my favorite member's houses and the food was delicious and then I noticed that sis ganaha was not eating anything. Usually she eats a ton and so I knew something wasn't right. When we left she was like ... we need to find a bathroom now! So we went into Starbucks and she used the bathroom but she said she still wasn't feeling good and that we needed to go home. She was scared of barfing in front of people so we took a cab (which we never do because its expensive). She had a little grocery bag up to her face just waiting for the explosion... then when we finally got to our apartment she barely made it to the bathroom. That is THE WORST. O man... issues of the stomach... terrible! But shes ok now.. we don't really know what it was but she only threw up that once! :D

Then yesterday we had Elder Glen L. Pace of the quorum of the seventy come do a mission tour. So he came and told us what we could do better (which is a lot!!). I think Elder Pace has lit the fire again. I learned a lot about spiritual confidence. He explained how our biggest problem is not having confidence in God. We know He is all powerful and that He will work miracles but then we don't have enough faith or spiritual confidence in ourselves to let the miracles happen. I have seen that soo much in myself and I am working on connecting the dots and allowing my confidence in God to motivate the confidence in myself. I know that I can be an instrument in His hands, I just need to open my mouth and share what He has blessed me with.

One other thing Elder Pace also talked about is how we should be more excited about what we have to share. So I just wanted to express to those who might read this my excitement because of what I know.
I know that God is real! I know that a young 14 year old boy Joseph Smith did see God the Father and Jesus Christ as two separate beings. This was an expression of God's love for us. He called Joseph Smith to be a prophet.. .like a modern day Moses to restore Christ's church, in it's perfection on the earth today! God didn't just send anyone to bring back that church. He sent John the Baptist, who baptized Christ himself to give Joseph Smith the power to baptize on the earth today. God sent Peter, James and John to give Joseph the priesthood power needed to administer the gift of the Holy Ghost. HOW COOOL IS THAT??? These are not unknown people these are the big shots!! I know that this is true and that we have a prophet to day. Living today! Guiding us and teaching us TODAY!!!!!!! SOOOO EXCITING!!!! I know that this is true because I asked God. I didn't just ask my parents or my friends or even a church leader. I went to the only one who knows the truth... God. I know that everyone can receive that same answer. So do it. Ask because if this is true you can be as excited as me because it is truly one of the most amazing things ever!!!

Don't forget how exciting this is. Be excited about the restored gospel because it is exciting!!!

OK enough of that I love you all to the moon and back!

Katie

No comments: