Sunday, November 1, 2009

God's mysterious ways

Well it never does fail, we had another interesting week. Here's the short simple version of the story: So a little less than a week ago I started having some health problems. Then on Saturday we helped at the mini MTC (I will explain in a bit) and ran around all day and afterwards I thought I was going to die. I was SOOOOO tired. Everyone was like what's wrong with you? Your lips are purple and you look depressed. haha. So the zone leaders told me that I needed to go home and rest buttttttt of course this I couldn't just go home. And of course in God's mysterious (or not so mysterious) ways He poses this challenge in front of me right after I promised myself I will work extra hard and do more everyday. Anyways... needless to say I finished the day up and then was knocked out when I got home. Sis Ganaha finally convinced me to call the mission president's wife and she told me I needed to call the mission doctor (eeks! not fun). So I called him and told him what was going on and he told me to do a few things and see what it felt like and then he told me to go to the doctors first thing the next morning and get some tests done and then to rest. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. So Monday I went to the doctor. Then told me to go home and rest!!! BLAH! What is it with people and this resting stuff? So yesterday I had to stay home ALLLLLL DAY! It was so boring! We reorganized our area book and cleaned the whole apartment and called every potential we could and had a really boring day. They told me that the test results wont be back for 3-4 days. So I just have to sit and wait. But I feel a lot better after resting yesterday. So we are def going in the right direction and so I am totally going back to work today. But I have become a lot more grateful for my healthy body. I have been so lucky to not have gotten sick on my mission so far. It is seriously torture to not be able to go and work. Sis Ganaha was making fun of me because I was stressing out about staying home and she said that if i didn't die from Mono I would die from a heart attack. ahaha. Shes funny. ANYWAYS... All is well in zion. I will let you know if anything exciting comes of this. I feel fine my body is just tired. So yea. Don't worry mom. All is well, all is well.

Soooo the mini MTC! So every other year the NY NY stake puts on a 5 stake event called the Mini MTC. And it is exactly what it sounds like. So they asked a couple of sets of missionaries to come teach at it and we got picked!!! We got to teach like 300 young men and young women about how to start a gospel conversation (AKA street contacting). It was soooo fun. They all got mission calls in the mail like a week before it and then they were split up into different districts depending on where they went. They had two teachers who were RMs from the areas they got their calls to. So pretty much half of our single's ward was there. I loved it! They were all dressed up and had name tags I really felt like I was back at the MTC. They learned how to street contact... then they went and did it!! IT WAS SO AMAZING! They learned how to teach a first lesson THEN THEY DID IT! Ward members pretended to be investigators and the kids had companions and they got to teach for 10 minutes. I was so blown away by the power of these kids' testimonies. They are truly a powerful generation. Their testimonies were so strong. It was so inspiring. I totally want to do this with the youth when I get home!!!

We had a great Sunday with 7 people at church (both wards together). It was such a miracle. Then on the train ride there I was talking to a guy and I invited him to come with us to church (usually they say they can't for some reason) BUT HE TOTALLY CAME!! He did have to leave early and he lives in Jersey but I know he felt the spirit and that something good will come of this. We have a new investigator that is a pianist at Julliard. SHES AMAZING! She volunteered to play the piano in relief society. Things are going so well. We had a super powerful lesson with another investigator last week. I know that he is on his way to accepting this fully. The spirit was so strong there and I know that it is through the spirit that we define our testimonies. We also have another investigator from Colombia who is doing fantastic. He came to church on Sunday too.

ok WELL sorry this letter was jumbled and confusing. That's how my brain feels right now. We were supposed to have a super cool zone activity today but its pouring rain outside so they called and canceled. So now we have no idea what to do... I'm sure we can find something.

I have really learned this week that I cannot do everything on my own. I will wear myself thin or just work myself to death. I am grateful for the power of the Atonement which enables us to overcome our challenges as we rely on our Savior's help.

Well love you all to the moon and back.
kait

No comments: