Hello Family!!!!!!
This will be a fun letter to write because I know you will probably actually read it (if you don't already) because mom will read it to ya cuz you are all home! I don't know how you are feeling about your first thanksgiving in 21 years without me there but you should be missing me a lot. haha. Let's just say I am glad I left on my mission when I did because I am so lucky to only miss one Christmas and thanksgiving! PHEWWW...
So its supposed to rain tomorrow... but I doubt that will stop the parade or us (a huge group of missionaries). haha. It should be fun no matter what. After that a member who is a chef (Well shes a mom now but she went to a legit culinary school) will be making dinner for us and a couple of other missionaries. It should be a party! She promised us she wouldn't let us miss out on anything. (Little does she know I will be missing out on my favorite pretzel jello). It should be an interesting day... prob way too crazy to enjoy but that's ok. I'm just not sure how we will get our laundry in. We are goin to leave the house early to save spots and do our studying on the street. haha. That will be super effective I'm sure. Then we will spend the rest of the day with members and less actives eating. WOOT!
So this Sunday was sooo cool! Our family ward had a few non members but our single's ward brought like 30 people! It was crazy awesome! Afterwards I had a massive headache from running around. Sis Tai had fun talking to all of our Chinese investigators. It was a party for sure! Now we have the duty of following up with all of of members to make sure it does not go to waste. I hope we can do it! The best part was that our rock star investigator brought a friend and he's not even baptized yet!
Tonight we have an appointment with our baptismal date and his parents are coming to meet us and ask some questions. YIKES! I pray it goes well. As long as the spirit is there, that's all that matters. Speaking of baptisms, I just found out on Monday that one of the guys I worked with on the east side is getting baptized! I guess he called the sisters in that ward now, kinda out of nowhere and was like... I want to get baptized!!! WHOO HOO! It's so cool to see people you worked with that maybe weren't ready at the time get to the point that they are. I know it will happen to pretty much all of them. I am just excited I get to go to his because I am still here.
So what is Kyle's position at INNOUT? Is he a cook or cashier? I still cannot believe that it's true. I walked past a place last week that is a totally innout knock off. Pretty much same menu with the same text and same colors... I didn't try it because I was so disappointed with them. haha. And because we don't have time just to stop and try things. lol.
We met with our new sweet investigator again this week. He said that hes going to read the whole Book of Mormon over Christmas break because he will have more time and because that is before his baptism goal. Hes very smart and is a law student. So its fun to get deep with him on doctrine because he understands the basics so quickly. Its amazing the wide range of people that we teach. You def have to be on your toes always changing it up and adapting to the needs of the person your teaching now. It's intense but fun.
I am learning a lot about the Atonement. I am really striving to use it to help me with the many things I cannot do on my own. I get so overwhelmed with my faults sometimes that its hard not to feel like a failure. But I have realized that I will be a failure unless I rely on my Savior and His Atonement. I am not supposed to do it all on my own. You can't reach perfection on our own that's where the grace (or enabling power of the Atonement) has to come into play.
Well I love you guys so much. I am so grateful for my family. I have been so blessed to have each of you in my life. I had an idea for Christmas to take pictures of things in the city that reminded me of each of you guys. I found a lot of things... everywhere. I had to give that idea up pretty quickly because I found myself thinking of each of you maybe a little too much. HAHAH. But I just really appreciate your love and support. I HAVE THE BEST FAMILY EVER!!!! I hope you have a wonderful day tomorrow. It doesn't really feel like Thanksgiving to me so its kinda nice cuz I don't feel like I am really missing anything haha. Don't miss me too much. I love each of you to the moon and back!
-Sis Wadsworth
No comments:
Post a Comment