Sunday, October 18, 2009

Tests and Trials and funny stories?

It was interesting reading your story about a trial because a mission is chuck full of things like that. Tough situations where you just want so badly for a little relief but its usually not there and instead you can only turn to the Savior for His help. It's not a bad thing (if may feel like it at the time) but it has been such an amazing experience to have no where else to turn but to Jesus Christ and our Heavenly Father. I know that every difficult situation we go through is for our benefit and growth and learning. That being said it has been a tough week. haha. It's been interesting to see what challenges come about every day. But I am loving it and doing my best to take each trial for what it's worth and react in a Christlike way. WOOOt

Ok so enough about trials let's get to the good stuff. We had an amazing joint sunday school in the single's ward and I have decided that I will be a temple worker as soon as I get home! I am so grateful for the temples and the work that happens within it's walls. That we can know that we are helping those on the other side of the veil continue on their progression towards eternal life. I am also sooooo grateful for our knowledge of the plan of salvation. That we can know where we came from and what the purpose of this life is and where we are going. So much joy comes from God's plan.

So today is Sis Lythgoe's birthday. She is a spanish sister that we live with that I absolutely adore. Shes so amazing. So last night we were trying to decorate after she went to bed and it was so funny because we were blowing up balloons in our bedroom and one totally popped as I was blowing it up and there was no way they couldn't have heard it and so I was like ... "owwww my head" haha. Then I woke up early this morning and made her breakfast with our limited supplies. I think it was yummy ... we only had enough eggs to make one breakfast burrito so ... I didn't get to taste it. haha. We are going to go to our favorite bakery today and play volleyball with some other missionaries. FUN FUN!

Good news our former baptismal date has been calling us and wanting to come to church again! YAY! All the YW just love her so I hope everything works out.

So I feel like my letters have been lacking in my usual funny stories and so this week I specifically looked for things and wrote them down so I could share them soo...

#1 One night we were waiting for the bus to go to our next appointment and I don't remember why but we were all pretty giggly. Probably because it was freezing outside and we were trying to not be miserable. And so the three of us were sitting on the bench and sis ganaha was wearing this cute beanie she has and she was making a weird face at me or something so I pulled down her hat over her face. Then she made a cat noise, saying I looked like a cat clawing at her when I did it. Then this guy comes from out of no where and is like ... "did you hear that cat ??" He looked a little concerned. And we were like .... "uhhh... umm yea" then he was like " o man where did it come from??" then sis ganaha explained how she made the noise and then he asked what our tags were and we explained then he asked "so is making cat noises part of your missionary work?" haha it was too funny.

#2 So we were doing some look ups as usual and we were standing outside of a building and were just about to leave because no one answered the buzzer and so we all turn around and start walking away and this guy sees us a little short scrawny man, probably in his 40s or so. Anyways so he sees us and for some reason gets so scared that his eyes get huge as he stares at us and he starts walking diagonally away from us and almost runs into a car. We couldn't help but laugh our heads off as we walked a few steps away. Its funny how often that happens. I always wonder what people are thinking... we are just normal people but our name tags make us scary sometimes I guess. haha.

Last one:
So Sis Dantes speaks Creole which is broken down french and so we love to find other people who speak it and make her talk to them. So a couple weeks ago we were at an elderly less actives house and she told us she cannot communicate with her home attendant because her english is bad. She told us she was from Haiti and so we told her about sis dantes and that she would help. So this week we went to see this less active and when we got there the home attendant told us she was sleeping. So I decided to introduce sister dantes. So I excitedly said "This is sis dantes!! She's from Haiti!!!" The lady just kinda stood there and nodded and then Sis Dantes came forward and started speaking in Creole to her.... after like 30 seconds the lady just stared at us and then said ... "I am from africa...." hahahaha We were like ... "o yea of course you are" .... hahah. It was awesome.

love you all to the moon and back!!!

-sis wadsworth

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

I lived next door to this amazing girl my freshman year at BYU-Idaho! She sounds great!! Thank you for posting her letters :) I would love to write her...is there anyway you could please give me her address?

You could leave it as a comment on my blog, or email me. Thank you!!!

lindsaymrosas@gmail.com