Sunday, May 23, 2010

Mom says, "We're getting closer!"

Kaitlyn will speak on June 13th 11:00 AM Civic Center & Tonopah

Hello there family!

I'm sad to hear about Bro Hollingsworth. Man he was an amazing man though. I am glad he is finally free of his mortal body so he can rock the spirit world with his powerful testimony. He's going to do some great work.


Other than being under the weather we have had a really great week. We have the most amazing new investigators. We went from zero at church to three this week. Heavenly Father is so great. I know that he is aware of our trails and is just getting us ready for the great things to come. So we are teaching this 17 year old girl and her mom. They are soooo great! They are so prepared and willing to listen. They even made us dinner and drove us home after our appointment. She also filled our bags with goodies. They are Puerto Rican and so it feels like we are in the Spanish program. hhaha.

We also started teaching this 31 year old guy who I contacted on the street. He looks all tough and rough and he was smoking but I just felt like talking to him. Turns out he is really great and has a great family too. You just can't judge a book by its cover! And we need to remember that we are all God's children.

Yesterday we taught this part member family. The father has been taught by a lot of missionaries but we connected sooo well yesterday. He now wants to be baptized but has some things to overcome. But its cool sometimes to just know that you were sent there for someone and that you were in the right place at the right time. That's what the spirit does to you! It's the greatest thing ever!


Thursday we had mission conference with Elder Robbins of the Seventy. He was sooooooooooo smart and really an amazing speaker. The spirit was so strong and I learned a lot of things that I know will stick with me for a long time. I realized the importance of not shifting our values. Especially when it comes to the media because Satan has so much control over it. Elder Hellburg and I sang a rendition of "Be sill my Soul" that we put together. I am not going to lie... it was so great. He is a music wizard and so great at the piano and so I give him all the credit.

Anyways. My time is running low but as you can tell we had a great week. Today for pday I have decided I want to go see a recent convert who is older and spend time with her for her birthday. I couldn't think of anything better to do with one of my last pdays here! We will go to the zoo next week. haha.

Well I love you all to the moon and back!
-Taters

No comments: