Kaitlyn will be home June 10th and will speak June 13th at CC&T at 11:00 AM.
Hey family!
Still feeling sick.. waiting for the doctor to call back today with the test results. Its been super frustrating for me because I want so badly to work hard every second I have. UGG.. we have interview with the president tomorrow so I will talk to him about what I should do. Its ok though I will survive. I was talking with the sisters I live with and we were saying that we think my body has just really been run down and is ready to stop haha. Or that Heavenly Father needs me to stay behind a little so that my companions can learn to take over the area when I leave. Either way I wont be surprised if the doctor says "there's nothing wrong with you". Blah... Heavenly Father thinks He is so funny forcing me to settle down a bit. We were supposed to go to the zoo but I don't really feel up to it and so instead we will go do some little errands I have to do. One of the things I will do today is buy some sandals because guess what??? Sis Smith got it approved so that we don't have to wear nylons in the summers and that we can wear sandals... AHHHHH can you believe it?? I am excited but also disappointed it was a summer too late for me. haha. There are supposed to be big changes church wide re guarding sister missionary dress standards. Which is amazing! Im not going to lie the differences are things we already do in our mission because its the fashion capital of the nation. haha jk that sounded really stuck up. But really. We are asked to not look frumpy. haha.
Anyways. Things have been good this week. Yesterday we met with a less active and her non member son and got him excited to come to church and meet with us. It's great to have members involved. It's really the only way actually. He's a fun kid and says really great prayers since his mom is a member he already knows all the lingo! haha.
We had an interesting experience earlier this week. My sweet new comp contacted a lady who was very eager to share her beliefs and share scriptures with her to back her up. My comp gave her our number and told us that she said she would be interested. So the next day she called and said she wanted to meet with us that day. I felt a little weird about it because she said her address was in one place but wanted to meet with us some where else. But I wasn't the one talking to her and I didn't want to discourage my companion. But she spoke mostly Spanish so we decided to bring the Hermanas with us to make the transition easier. Soo the five of us are waiting outside the door to what we think is this woman's apartment building. When an asian guy opens the door and bids us inward. We followed still thinking we were going to find the lady in her apartment. Then the Asian guy took us on a tour of his church. We were all so confused but the lady we wanted to teach was there along with 3 of her other friends from the church. Then they led us into the dining area and then the Asian guy shut the door behind us and asked us to sit down. He then proceeded to tell us that he was the pastor here and that the woman we talked to told him that my companion talked to her and seemed like she doubted her faith in Christ and that he was going to have a bible study with us. UGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG..... We were polite and listened but he started to say some things we didn't agree with and so I stopped him and bore my testimony of Christ and talked about how we need him every day and that He did die for us but we still have to do our part to qualify for His grace. What would be the purpose of this life if we could not learn and repent? Anyways he didn't listen so one of the Spanish sisters politely said thanks for your testimony but we have another appointment to go to (which we did). I left there a little frustrated and so I was praying to know how I could learn from this experience. I realized how grateful I am for the Book of Mormon and modern revelation to clarify some of the things that are so confusing in the Bible. I am so grateful that we don't have to rely on one testimony of Christ and that we can still have access to pure untainted truth. *sigh* it was quite an experience.
So I am loving working at the old folks rehab place. They are getting used to us and looking forward to our visits. This week I took a piece of sugar free cake to one of my ladies for her birthday... she refused it and said it would make her fat... then about 5 seconds later they offered her cake with the coffee they pass out when we come (ironic huh?) and evidently she forgot about getting fat because she ate it up right away. I just had to laugh ... and then I ate the cake myself and enjoyed it. Another guy Israel who was in a concentration camp as a kid came up to me and said he needed my help, and then shuffled to his room. So we followed him and he said look my bed is really high... something is wrong. The nurse in the back mouthed to us to not fix it. Turns out he has a habit of messing up his bed so they have to put it up during the day so he doesn't mess with it. We assured him it would be better then he showed us a picture of a dog (not even his dog just him and a dog) he was so proud of it. Hes so sweet. hahah man I love these people and will be sad to say goodbye.
Well I don't know what else to share... sorry its not that exciting. I love you all to the moon and back!
see ya soon?
-taters
No comments:
Post a Comment