Sunday, May 9, 2010

Let the countdown begin!!!

I know Katy doesn't want us to send her any countdowns or anything, but that doesn't mean I can't start one on the blog since she never sees it!

She is coming home in a month. She arrives June 10th and for those of you interested she will be speaking June 13th at 11AM at our Civic Center and Tonopah building.

On to this week's letter....
Hey there!!

well... this week was CRAZY. Not in a good way either. I feel so bad for sis przybyla I dont even know why things are going the way they are. We are having a really hard time finding new people to teach. I am getting really anxious too because I really dont want to end my mission on a low like this. But miracles dont come till after the trial of your faith right? So I just gotta have faith still. I know that there are prepared people and that Heavenly Father is aware of our struggles and the things we are working on. Its hard to not get very stressed and frustrated with all my weaknesses because I dont know what else to blame our problems on. haha. YIKES. I am a mess.

Anyways our week was pretty uneventful. I don't really even know what to tell you about. Our new area is really great. The Bronx is actually super nice in some parts its great!

So one thing I learned during my studies this week came as I read John 14:6 where Christ speaks about how He is the way. And I have really been thinking about that statement. He really is the only way. No other way leads to happiness, peace, success or to our Heavenly Father. He really is THE WAY. I am so grateful for His example and that we can look to Him in all situations to know how we can find success and joy. I just love Him :D

So here are some things that happened this week that help you to get a feel for the crazyness of the Bronx:

- There is this guy called 'the earth angel" who rides on the subway. He has a mullet and he has a folder that he hold up to his face all the time to cover it from people looking into his eyes. Then he will ask if there are any angels on the train and he will look around his folder then go back behind as he looks at everyone on the train. It's always very entertaining. He's famous to the missionaries.

- We were walking by this guy who was unloading the candy he was dropping off at a store and this guy came up to him with a bowl and yelled "candy man candy man.... can I get some candy?? come on candy man... you have a whole truck full". it was fun to watch.

- A couple of days ago we were knocking on a door when a lady behind the door asked who is it? we told her it was the missionaries and then she opened the door really faced and yelled "hey!" while lifting up her shirt and flashing us her naked body underneath. HAHA. gross.

-Last night on our way home we saw a buff woman in work out clothing pulling a buff guy behind her on a scooter. She had a workout belt around her waste with a bungee in between her and the scooter. haha. What a great workout idea.

Those are just a few from this week. yay for the bronx. We had to call the bishop and talk to him about what happened with our investigator and he was like "dont you worry sisters this stuff happens all the time and this is by far not the worst." Our bishop is really amazing he is in his late 20s I think and just so great. hes gonna go far. lol.

Well sorry this letter was boring. Life has been kinda that way this week, but I know things will pick up. I know because God promises and He always keeps His promises.

love you all to the moon and back!
-taters

No comments: