Sunday, May 16, 2010

Fun to talk

I'm just going to put this in for the next few weeks until Katy gets home. Kaitlyn will be speaking on June 13th at 11:00 AM at our building, Civic Center & Tonopah.

Now here's her letter...


So it was fun to talk to you guys on Sunday. But super stressed me out. I couldn't sleep at all the next night and when I got up to go out of the room I found that one of the other sisters we live with was also having a hard time sleeping but because she was homesick, so I was glad I was too stressed to sleep because I got to comfort her and make her feel a little bit better til she fell asleep... then I stayed up for a lot longer. I was stressed because its going to be so weird to be back but it felt normal so it was a battle with me all night to not think about home. BUTTTTTTTTTTTTTT its all good.

So things this week have been better. I have been praying to have a better perspective on things so that I could be more effective and positive. My two sweet companions are soooooooooooooooooooooooo quiet. I am coming up with funny ways to get them to talk more. We found a great new place to do service each week that helps them talk and makes me EXTREMELY HAPPY!.... We now go every Saturday morning to a old folks home recovery place where we talk to the cute old people one on one for two hours. Its really great because sometimes they let us teach something (we don't count it though because they don't remember it ... but it is nice because we can practice the same thing next week and they won't know!). The facility is so nice though and is such a highlight to my week. It's interesting to try and explain though to my naturally shy and quiet companions how important it is to open our mouths as missionaries. Because that is what we are called to do. It has made me really grateful for my naturally talkative personality (Other people may not agree but... hey it has a good use here at least.)

Mom I am so excited about what you are doing with the conference talks. I started doing something similar two conferences ago. As I read each talk I had a piece of paper titled "what I can do to more fully follow the prophet" where I wrote down the things I felt the need to implement more into my life. I love it and look at it often, but also realize how much I really have to learn. Sometimes I think its easy to say ... o I am so holy I do so great at not doing bad things, I keep the word of wisdom and so on as we do our little check list, but it is so much more than that. I realize that I have so far to go to become like Christ. But it's a good thing we've got plenty of time to become like that. Our mother's day meeting in church on Sunday talked a lot about how women tend to always feel overwhelmed because they feel like they can't do enough. We have to figure out some way to be content with always trying to be better and not overwhelmed. I donno if that made sense at all but yea.

Anyways. I am so excited to keep sprinting here. I am singing on Thursday at a conference with Elder Robins of the seventy and I am so excited for that. Then I am singing in the ward in a few weeks. I just need to smash in all my opportunities to share and build my talents that I can. AHHHHHH... see this is what stresses me out... I don't want to miss one chance to become more like Christ. I know they will continue after the mission but it wont be as intense as it is here.


well love you all soooooooooooo much. to the moon and back!
-sister wadsworth

1 comment:

Rachel M. said...

"I don't want to miss one chance to become more like Christ." Oh, I just love her so much!! She is so great and I'm way excited to see her soon!!