Sunday, April 25, 2010

Speachless

I am pretty much speechless right now. I haven't received Krista's letter yet about her call! We didn't get mail last week due to some complications. I cant stop crying (in a good way). I don't know where she's going but that will be fun to see when I get her letter. I am so grateful that Heavenly Father hears our prayers. ONE WEEK!!! I'm so happy. I already worked out a plan to talk to president about calling her on mother's day if she left before I got home! But now I don't have to worry about that! O ... its just so happy. Krista... I will save all my cute missionary clothes for you!! (YOU WILL BE SO HAPPY I DID ;D )

This week was pretty great. It's been hard though because I think since my pace has slowed down a little bit due to the area, my body thinks its time to catch up with all the sicknesses I may have missed. haha. Its not too bad I am just getting ULTRA TIRED! But as you know it won't stop me.

So this week I have learned that listening to the spirit is the only way to go. I will now display two examples of why.
#1) So a lady sister adjei talked to on the street invited us to come visit her church after we had invited her to ours and she accepted the invitation. So as to not by hypocrites we agreed. So I prayed about it and felt really good about going. I didn't know why but I assumed it was to get this lady to our church. So we go and it was awkward (I was the only white person but whats new) and the worst part was that the lady who invited us wasn't even there. (the story is worse but I put that on the tape I am sending home). But we went and followed the prompting and left wondering why in the world we were supposed to be there. Then... fast forward a couple of days to yesterday. We were walking and this lady walks by and I realize it was a lady I saw sitting in the back of the church we visited. I was a little surprised and I turned to sis adjei who noticed too and then I let her pass by because I was so like... ughhh ... anyways I said a prayer and apologized for not talking to her and asked Heavenly Father to give me another chance and promised I would talk to her if she was put in our path again. So we go about our day then I started to feel really sick and so we headed home for our dinner break and we took a back street we don't usually take and then guess who comes round the corner?? yep the same lady. SO we got to talk to her and she explained that she wasn't sure if she wanted to go to that church anymore and that she was going through some really tough things. We gave her the info to the church and who knows what will happen next!! I just love being an instrument in God's hands. His work is so miraculous!

#2 We were teaching this week and our investigator was telling us some pretty crazy stories about her life and at fist I was like .... whoa... that sounds crazy but then the spirit came so strongly to tell me that she really needed a priesthood blessing. So I left the lesson really quick and called the elders. They came and gave her a beautiful blessing. It was soooooooooooo powerful and just what she and I needed. It really had a big impact on her. I am so grateful for the spirit and for the priesthood. What powerful and necessary tools they are in God's work.

So transfers are next week. I cant believe its already here. We will see if there are any changes. I'm not sure there will be but WHO KNOWS? Today we are going to the temple! YAY! I cant wait till I can go whenever I want and however many times I want to. HAHA. Then I am taking the sisters on a walking bakery tour to all the bakeries in walking distance from the temple. haha. I'm addicted!


Well I sure do love you all to the moon and back! keep me in your prayers and write me even though time is ticking... everyone is forgetting me I think. hahah jk.

LOVE SISTER WADSWORTH

No comments: