Sunday, April 11, 2010

heyhey everyone!

Today we are at a new library that is right next to the train so I am having a hard time focusing and because its like the last hour of a busy pday. I am learning that things with a time clock stress me out very easily. My poor companions probably think I am crazy when we are waiting for a bus or something when we are late and curfew is just a few minutes away... haha. I often find myself pacing and praying under my breath that the bus comes fast. haha.

Well I loved conference this week. It is always so nice its probably one of the only breaks we get as missionaries. It does make it a little hard on our numbers though because Saturday is usually our biggest working day but that's ok. I just wish we had some investigators that could have come. We finally have some investigators now though so that's a joy. We had a miracle after a day of people canceling or ditching on us. We met a wonderful girl who just wants to find a church that is right. Sis Adjei and I literally (and you know i would actually do this) walked all the way home singing "there can me miracles!... when you're obedient!!" at the top of our lungs! Even though there were many people around. It was so great! We get to see her again on Saturday and she wants to come with us to the ward party too! YAY! Hopefully this party goes better than my breakfast.... *sigh*

So we got up early to cook about 9 pounds of bacon and a ton of eggs and man... that bacon was evil. It kept spitting hot oil on my and boy did I smell strongly. We got all the food prepared and it was soooooooo delicious.... for the 4 people who came... !!!! We were expecting about 40 (or so they told us to expect). BLAST! Good thing the Spanish ward was there ... they were happy to eat our food. We had a lot of full missionaries as we watched the Saturday sessions of conference. O well... I learned a lot about how to feed a whole bunch of people even if they didn't show up! Our sweet ward mission leader said it was a good start to a future trend. We didn't get to publicize it very well and so that was the problem... But I really enjoyed conference. It did make me a little nervous about being a mother someday in this crazy world. But it made me soooooooooooo sososososso grateful that I have had the chance to serve a mission. I know that it will be one of the greatest foundations to my testimony and in my parenting within the gospel. I don't think there could have been any greater training for me. I really love the prophet. I could just listen to him and the apostles alll day long. I love being a member of God's church. :D

So last week I got to go to the temple with the member from our first area. OOOOOOOOOOO IT WAS SOOO WONDERFUL! He is such a valiant spirit. I know he will serve the church well. It was so neat to sit in the celestial room and watch him with his fiance. I went up and gave her a big hug before I left and said thanks and she said... 'no thank you!" What a wonderful thing to be part of. That is what this work is all about. Bringing God's children home to Him. All of us as families. I love doing the work here...

So things are still pretty crazy here. I feel like I am constantly battling with a lot of adversity. That just lets me know that there are great things in store here. I just have to prove myself so that Heavenly Father can bless us here with all the things He is so anxious to give. So is life. Its also getting super hot and humid again. The seasons here are sooo intense. Bring on the sweat.

Well I sure love you all... Time is flying by here in the bronx. I love it but its CRAZY! Pray for us! LOVE YOU ALL TO THE MOON AND BACK!

-SISTER TATERS

No comments: