Sunday, April 18, 2010

Family!!!

Helloooooooooooooooo!!! Can I just tell you that GOD IS GOOD! He ALWAYS fulfills his promises! We have found the most amazing prepared people this week! We had multi-zone conference on Monday and we talked a lot about the things I have been praying about in regards to the concerns we are having in our area. We talked a lot about the importance of letting the spirit take control. Its so easy for me to just blab out the answer to these people that we are working with when they have concerns but even if I "know" the answer sometimes that's not what they really need to hear to be converted but God knows and the spirit can tell them. What a gift that is to use as we teach. ITS POWERFUL! So we got a new investigator. She was a media referral from Mormon.org where she requested a free book of Mormon. She is so great. She is so prepared. She accepted a baptismal date already and just ready to jump right in.

So ... what else is exciting? ummm... today we are going to a Yankees game again. We are pretty excited. We are going to go and get some legit hats to wear at the game. One of our recent converts here got me a cute jersey to wear! So nice of her.

So on Saturday we had a ward party. I felt bad for the lady who worked so hard to put it together. It felt a lot like my breakfast. Not much support. One thing I have realized is how it is so important to support the activities and events that the church puts on because someone somewhere put a lot of time and effort into these things hoping that someone would participate. So GO TO YOUR ACTIVITIES! HAHA. We are working to building the relationships and things we need to get people more excited about missionary work. We have a lot of less active work to do but that's fun too!

I can't believe how quickly this cycle has gone but it's been a lot of work. It was soo good to see president at zone conference because I feel like I haven't seen him in forever! I got so used to being in Manhattan where our zone always has interviews first and now we have them last and then zone conference got delayed. haha. It was crazy though because we have our multi zone conferences in Ossening and I haven't been to that church since the very first day of my mission. I have always been in the city (still am). I am so a city missionary. And a city girl in general.

ok... I haven't sent one of these for a while because I think I lost my ability to get embarrassed butttttttttttttttttttt I had a kaitlyn moment this week... So we live close by the elders now and so sometimes we have to drop stuff off to each other at our apartments. So a couple of nights ago someone knocked at our door while we were planning at night and so sister passantino got up to get it and it was some of our elders asking to borrow a church dvd we had. (So, side note, when we get home at night the first thing we do is take of our nylons but then we get to work and plan.) So I jumped up to join her at the door and help them then, turned around to go back and when I sat back down sis adjei was like... look.. and pointed to my skirt... A part of the back of my skirt was tucked weird in to my undergarments... haha. it wasn't that bad but enough to make me blush. haha. The elders didn't say anything to embarrass me but WOOO hoo ... I am so cool.

Also mom... I know you are worried about me getting distracted,(Side note from Mom- I am not worried about her being distracted.) and I am too but I just want to let you know I am staying focused. I know why I am here and that's to serve and work hard so I wont miss a moment. Why would I be here if I was going to do anything else??? that's just silly. And I am not just saying that to make you feel better. Yesterday a sister we live with took me aside and told me that she just loved me and told me some things she appreciated about me and one of the things is that she said I am not trunky at all. not one bit. It made me feel good. I don't think its bad to know you are going home and be aware of the time the problems arise when it effects your work... and I wont let that happen. My comp doesn't deserve that, the ward, the people we are teaching and Heavenly Father needs effective instruments not dull unproductive tools! :D There ... I hope that satisfies you! haha But please don't send any countdowns or something. haha. The most trunky thing I am doing is shopping... :D yaya!

Ok well... MY TIME IS UP! I love you all so much (to the moon and back). I am glad all is well I love being a missionary! SMILE LOTS ! I know the church is true!

-SIS WADSWORTH

No comments: