Hey hey family,
Sorry this letter will be quick. Thanks for your encouraging words. It really means a lot. We had the most interesting week. With all the moving It was really hard to stay focused on the right things when the things of the world kept getting in the way. We had a couple of really tough days. I actually love those days because I can look back on them and think... man I'm glad today is better. HAHA. We had a little fiasco where I seriously was on my wit's end. All I could do was pray for patience and a desire to keep on going even when every ounce of me just wanted to sit down and cry. But... I didn't. And I am still alive and life goes on haha.
Our new apartment is really nice. Except our room is small. But it makes coming home so nice when you have a nice clean place to come home to. Its kinda strange though because we live about three doors down from the elders. (We have 8 missionaries in one ward... crazy huh? big change from being the only two for two wards). Anyways its fun because we get up early every morning and play ultimate Frisbee during our exercise time. And last night some drama went down and someones feelings got hurt (mine) and so this morning ... the elders made our whole apartment breakfast to make us feel better. hahaha. It was really nice. but .... its still weird they are so close. ahaha. enough about that though. o AND good news... i have not been bitten since the move so I am pretty sure we got rid of them!!! YEA YEAYEAAA
So today is probably one of the best days of my whole mission because in a couple hours I am meeting someone baptized early in my mission that we were able to teach for dinner with his fiance and his other "most favorite people" and then the 6 of us will go over to the temple so he can receive his endowment! I feel so blessed to be able to be part of this. He is such a rock star and I just love the example he is in the fact that he took the gospel and just soaked it all in and hes so happy! O how the gospel is so true!!!!! WHAT A BEAUTIFUL DAY!!!!!!!!
So I am sooo excited for conference this weekend. I love this time of year and telling people that the prophet of God is going to be speaking to us. Its just such a delight!!! So in order to get people to come we asked the bishop if we could have a breakfast before the first Saturday session I so smartly said... i will cook if it means we can have it... So guess who's in charge of the ward breakfast this Saturday? haha. I'm not too worried about it. We are doing simple breakfast burritos and all we have to cook is the eggs and bacon. I just hope people come so that It all works out for a purpose. Pray for me please! I just wish I had 6 other sister missionaries to help me rather than 6 elders... haha. Actually... they made us eggs and bacon this morning and it was great... haha.
So we live with two wonderful Spanish sisters. I am pretty much kindred spirits with them. I donno what my mission would have been like with out these sisters. haha.
We actually made cookies and took them around to our less actives (We have a ton!) to invite them to the breakfast. So I did my share of deliveries this week.
Well gotta get going. Enjoy conference.I will be watching it with you. I love the prophet and I know he is called of God. What a blessing it is to have so much clarity through revelation in our day where it is soooo needed. I encourage all of you to pray and ask God if Thomas S Monson is a prophet today and I know you will feel same joy I felt when I did the same! I love you all to the moon and back....
sister wadsworth
and peace
No comments:
Post a Comment