HELLLLLLLLLLLOOOOO FAMILY!
Wow... I seriously don't even know where to begin. The Bronx is very VERY different from Manhattan. Our zone is very different also. I only have 2 cycles here and I am not going to waste one minute of it! Sis Adjei and I are getting a long soooo well. I love her so much. She told me this week "I think I like being a missionary now" then the next day she said "I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY!". haha. It just goes to show that you are happy when you are doing what you are supposed to be doing... even if its hard.
We have spent a lot of time trying to find people to teach since right now we don't have anyone. A lot of contacting and a lot of tracting. It's hard because we haven't found anyone yet but I know that God is just preparing us for something truly amazing and as we don't loose hope and keep working hard, the miracles will come. I like to give themes or titles to our cycles and we called this one "Bring on the Miracles!!". haha. We have planted a lot of seeds and are excited soooooo excited to see what happens.
Sadly we had a little bit of an unavoidable distraction this week. On Sunday we got a call from our district leader who told us that we are going to be moving ... the next day. After a little talking we figured out how to settle things so that we can move tomorrow but O MY GOODNESS ITS SOO ANNOYING! First off... packing is annoying buttttttttttttttt to add to it Monday and part of yesterday we had to spend all day doing all our laundry ... anything that had fabric on it because... i found out after I moved in.... WE HAVE BED BUGS!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!! It is seriously so terrible but hey ... whats one more new thing :D If only they had moved one week earlier!!! Yay for the wonderful mission experiences that you can't get anywhere else! But our new apartment is really nice and new and clean! AND GUESS WHAT???? WE GET NEW BEDS!!!! ... i just teared up... lol! Its so wonderful. So that fun continues today and tomorrow. Nothing like packing then unpacking ... then packing again and then unpacking again :D
So... the Bronx is actually super slow. haha. I thought it would be busy like Manhattan but its pretty chill here. I think it will be a good bridge back to the slow life on the west coast. haha. We got eggs thrown at us the second day here. But that happened in Manhattan too. :D The people here are much nicer and way more willing to talk but there are less of them out and about to talk to. There are houses here and lots of doors to knock so that's a new experience too. There are lots of cheap places to shop and so I have to load up on some crazy sweet kicks to bring back home! :D Kyle, kevin... any color requests?? what shoe size are you? do you think janson wants some ghetto shoes too? haha. Today is sister Adjei's birthday so we are getting some really big pizza then going to do some shopping. In Ghana everyone gets a name depending on what day of the week they were born on and my name Akos and so sis adjei calls me Akoko and her day name is Yaa and so I call her Yaa Yaa. hahah just a little glimpse into our lives.hmmm..
Glad the BYU apartment thing is worked out. Guess it wont be a challenge to walk to and from school anymore with my new walking legs. haha. Tell her thanks next time you talk to her. That is such a relief!
Love you to the moon and back!
Sister Wadsworth
No comments:
Post a Comment