Sunday, March 7, 2010

Fam Fam!

Thanks for the update on Kenton. We were in the middle of a lesson on Saturday with an investigator and one of our members came with us and his phone kept ringing and ringing and finally he was like... im sorry I gotta answer this. He served his mission in Chile and his dad called to tell him the news. It sounds like it could have been a lot worse then it was though. Good thing. I am glad Kenton and the people there were not hit with Tsunamis and such also.

So we had a baptism on Saturday!!! It was soooo wonderful. Members were all there to support him and give talks and stuff. It was truly a delight to see so much support. I know he will go on to do great things. He bore his testimony after his baptism and in his sweet little polish accent and struggled words said how grateful he was for the gospel and just kept saying how happy he was and how he wished everyone could feel how he felt. His smile was sooo wide and happy. I sure love teaching people who are so wonderful and excited to learn. It makes all the rejection worth it because we know there are people out there who are ready we just gotta find them. :D

Another investigator has decided to get baptized on April 17th! I am so happy for her. She still has to talk to her family more about it but she is determined and knows that its right. She is so wonderful. I am so grateful to my Heavenly Father for allowing me to teach such great people. We have the greatest investigators right now. I appreciate the fact that Heavenly Father has allowed me to taste the sweetness of the fruit I have been working so hard to cultivate her in Manhattan for so long! I really do love this city but it wear you out. My poor companion is still trying to get used to it and is a little nervous about taking things over. But I know Heavenly Father put her here for a reason. Shes going to do a wonderful job!

SO.... exciting news... our caught mice number is up to 5 now with many still runnin around in our walls! o ... such a delight. It really is terrible and pretty sad because they are so cute but they are so annoying and one made it to my bedroom.... that so crossed the line... first the roaches now the mice! What would a mission be with out the joys of these little pests? The sad thing is we are all too scared to actually kill them after we catch them so we just send them down the garbage shoot hoping they enjoy the landfill of garbage at the bottom. haha.

So moving forward ... its been snowing like CRAZY! I totally jinxed myself last week with the boot thing ... o man. O well I am surviving.. I did just buy some boots buuut they are for after the mission... they were on sale and I really wanted some sooo.. yea. FORGIVE ME! I just wanted something nice to take home. It has been a really slushy snow though and its sooo terrible. If I didn't have my rain boots I would be soaked everyday. Luckily the snow stopped though and today its just drizzling.

umm... sorry this is so jumbled I'm just saying things as I think of them. So as a mission we are reading the Book of Mormon together right now. O man... can i just tell you how much I love the Book of Mormon? It is the greatest thing ever. I learn sooo much from it every time I read it. The learning never ends. What a beautiful thing that God loves us enough to give us things to study and to learn from so that we can become more like him. A wonderful book that we can trust and abide by and that will bring us closer to God. I LOOOOOOOOVE IT! So we just started to read from the beginning and i love Nephi. I want to be like him and be so obedient even when its hard and doesn't go right the first few times! LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!


ok well love you to the moon and back
Kaitlyn

No comments: