Dear Family and Friends!
It has been such a wonderful week! The Lord is truly blessing us and is acknowledging our hard work and efforts. One investigator will be getting baptized on Sunday. He is soooooo excited! I am so excited. It's been a while since I have had a baptism (but I don't really feel a void because I know I have been working hard and having success still). Anywhoo. He told us this last week about how he is excited to work for the church's international affairs to build the church up in his homeland. He said ... "I will get us a temple!". hahah! YEA he will. He is one determined guy so I wouldn't put it past him.
We got the most amazing new investigator this week! He is a student at Julliard and is pretty much as golden as they get. In the scriptures it talks about the elect as those who are willing to listen and He is the most perfect example. I wont be able to do it justice typing it but I will try to explain. His heart is so open and he is really just looking for what God wants for him. He talked about how good he feels at church and when he reads the book of Mormon and how he feels a pull towards it and how he doesn't intend on stopping anytime soon. He is planning on baptism ... on drum roll please! MARCH 14th!! yay right before I leave! TENDER MERCY TENDER TENDER MERCY (that had music to it but you cant hear me... ). We also got to see another investigator yesterday. O man I love this family soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much. I cannot even explain how deep they are into my heart. I just want so badly for her to have enough confidence and faith in herself and in God to just step up and do it! *SIGH* Anyways. I love being a missionary and having the spirit strong enough to give us the strength to ask people to do hard things. Hard things that will change their life a lot... but it is always a good change.
I got a letter from Kenton... can I just tell you how amazing our family is. Just by the way he writes I know he is a rock star missionary! POWERFUL! Go KENNEDY/WADSWORTHS!
Here are some fun things we did this week
-Ate at Tom's Restaurant (the one that is from Seinfeld)
- I sang twice on Sunday. Once in the family ward and once for the ambassador of Costa Rica! Both were awesome experiences!
- Had a member tell me she will give me a referral to do an internship at her old job that will give me a job in Hawaii and pay for EVERYTHING!!! FLIGHT FOOD TRANSPORTATION ... AND STILL PAY ME! :D
- Ate at patsy's pizza soooooooooo good (we are so goin there together)
- taught at Julliard and Columbia (that happens every week but sometimes I have to pinch myself about how cool that is!)
- Got a new investigator from Ghana and El Salvador! woot
- Contacted for an hour and a half at Washington square!
I am starting to freak out a little knowing that I only have a couple of weeks left here in the city... It seriously frightens me. I love this place so much I don't know what I will do without all the hustle and bustle. Even if I go to the Bronx it will be drastically different. I am trying to use my last few pdays wisely and all that really means is that I end up getting stressed out trying to decide what to do. But I have come to a conclusion that all the touristy things will still be here when I come back to visit and so I am just planning things with my investigators. You only get to be a missionary in NYC once! So today I am going to see our investigator dance at Julliard.! It's goin to be great! I was also going to ask if there is any NY souvenirs that you guys wanted me to get before I left the city. Just let me know ASAP!
Anyways I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeee being a missionary! I had an interview with President and just told him how much I love this work. He said that's because I am obedient. haha. I really do love being able to learn a little bit more everyday about my Savior as I serve Him!
I love you all to the moon and back.... I need janson pictures!
LOVE WADSWORTH
No comments:
Post a Comment