Sunday, February 14, 2010

Hello family!

Sorry this is a day late as you have probably seen we were stuck inside all day yesterday. But what a tender mercy that Heavenly Father chose to have it on our pday. So it was really quite nice. We were forced to stay inside. We did go out like any other pday at 6pm and boy was that fun! I cant believe how much it can snow. It seriously didn't stop the whole day. I just kept thinking how much I love living somewhere it doesn't snow. I really am not a big fan of it. Only when I get to snow board which wont be happening anytime soon here. haha.

So we have had a wonderful week. I am seriously loving my new companion. She is a rock star. Its always hard to come to the city for the first time but she is doin really well. We have 3 people with baptismal dates. And there are more to come. On Sunday we had the most amazing appointment. On Sundays we don't have time to do our regular studies because we have to go to church right away and then are there for the next 8 hours (kill me! Dad if you ever feel like you are at the church forever ... just think about the fact that I am there too :D) So the point is we didn't get to really prepare for the lesson we were goin to have like I like to have. So when we got there we went into our member's dorm room and I asked if we could kneel and pray to start (we usually only kneel at the end ... donno why). Anyways and I said the prayer and just said pretty much... ok Heavenly Father take over ... we don't know what were doing here. haha. Then we talked to her about prayer and scripture study. It was so amazing. I really had no idea what I was going to say and then a thought would come to my mind (you could call it pure intelligence) and I would just talk and the spirit just taught through me. I don't even remember what exactly I said but we were all crying and the peace and pure joy in the room was sooooo strong. I am sooooooooo grateful that Heavenly Father trusts me enough to be an instrument in His hands. I cant even explain the joy it brings into my life to be able to testify of God's love for His children . It was so clear to me at that point how much God loved our investigator and how pleased He was with her efforts. We are all so loved by Him. He is so aware of what each of us need and He answers our prayers through those around us. I don't know what we said but we said just what she needed to hear. :D O happy day!

We also taught another investigator and he said he feels like baptism is important for him. Its so fun to teach him because we have to do it so simply that I have to get really creative in how I teach. I came up with a new way to teach the different dispensations and as I was putting it together I LEARNED SO MUCH. It became clearer to me and it all just made so much more sense. It is true what people always say about the teacher learning as much as the student. haha. It was cute I used an analogy and I referred to an ice cream man and he had this really puzzled look on his face and I said ... "did i say a word you don't know?" and he said "well ... who is ice cream man? I know bat man and spider man but ... who is ice cream man?" hahahaha. It was the cutest/funniest thing ever. He is the best though. Its harder now because we don't have sis tai to translate if we get stuck but its amazing how the spirit is our mother tongue and doesn't need a translator.


let me tell you some random things that happened to me this week:
I held a frozen dead bird (a large one actually)
I ran into a mirror... hard at a members house
I taught a room full of Chinese people how to make the noises of all the farm animals :D BEST DAY EVER!
I ate a bit of a fruit called Duran (?). It is supposed to be one of the nastiest things in the world. Some famous guy on the food network who goes around eating gross things couldn't even eat it
I got pelted by multiple snowballs while walking through Columbia's campus by some boys who yelled "GET THE GIRLS WITH THE UMBRELLAS!!!"
I assisted in killing one and tried to kill another mouse that has been living in our house :) nasty
I bought the most hideous sweater to wear at our ugly sweater parties :D
... this is just one week... imagine a list of my whole year and a half

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Valentines day. I decided that Gene (our 92 year old recent convert) is my valentine... Him and Jesus I guess. haha. I'm not a big fan of this holiday but its not so bad as a missionary. I LOVE YOU ALL! Thanks for your love and support! love you to the moon and back
Sister Wadsy (that's what sis lythgoe and child call me)

No comments: