HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FROM THE........ DRUM ROLL PLEASE!!! THEEEEEEEEE BOOGIE DOWN BRONX!!!!!! hahaha YESS I finally made it!!!!!! haha. I just arrived here moments ago. Its going to be very different from Manhattan but at least I am still in the city. I think I might go down in history as the only missionary in our mission to never leave the city. I am so ok with that. President knows how I seriously have to work hard or I will not be satisfied in my efforts so I am glad he let me stay here! haha. It has been a roller coaster last few weeks. It was sooo hard to say goodbye to everyone. I have become sooo close to some of our investigators that it was painful to say goodbye. But I know I will keep in contact with everyone, even if it means I have to get a facebook account when I get back (eeeeeeeks). I think I gained about 10 pounds just in these last two weeks. Everyone wanted to feed us before I left AND there are so many great things to eat in Manhattan that I just had to have them one more time.
So about my new area. My new companion is sister Adjei. She is from Ghana and I LOVE HER SOOOO MUCH! This is her second cycles out and so I am follow up training her like I did with sister gee. The bronx is so wonderful. So much more chill than Manhattan. I love it! We have a kmart and a target ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... I'm sure i will just pass out in the front doors when I walk into something familiar like that. I am so excited to be here. One of our investigators from Manhattan is getting baptized on Sunday. I am pretty close but I have decided I wont be going to the baptism even if I got permission because I want to use every second I have to focus on my new area. I am so excited for him and support him and would be there if I wasn't taking away from my new calling. I am so grateful that God allowed me to work with such a wonderful person. And our other investigators there. AHHH... I AM SO BLESSED! I know things will be rough at the start here too, but it will come along!
Sorry this letter is so jumbled... i don't even know how to focus my thoughts. So mom mentioned about the crazy weather.... crazy is an understatement it was insane. There was a crazy rain and wind storm last week.... let me try to explain what it was like... 50 mph winds so you could barely use an umbrella but it was raining so hard that it felt like a fire hose was spraying us. My big puffy VERY PUFFY coat got completely soaked through and I was soaked underneath. My hair was dripping wet I could squeeze water out of every inch of my clothes and hair. The wind pushed me sooo hard. O man... I almost got hit by a car because the wind pushed me into the street. (but my angels protected me). Of course I didn't wear my rain boots that day and because we couldn't go home to get them my other boots were soooo soaked that I sloshed around all day. I ended up having to throw them away because they were all crusty and salty like after they dried. I should have taken some pictures but I was too scared to ruin my camera. Anyways I hope you got a small taste of that lovely day... but just fyi I still got all our required lessons and contacts for that day! BOOO YAW!!
O i wanted to tell Kevin that an investigator is the setter at Columbia. Shes a freshman and because the senior setter got hurt and can't play she has been starting all year and will continue till her senior year... just like you!! except... college and a girl :D SOOO cool though!
ooo I forgot to say something very important about transfers... So the best part about all of this is that Sis Lythgoe is the one taking my place in Manhattan. I had complete confidence in the Lord and in sis gee but knowing that the sister I am most like and love more than anything is going to be taking over my area is such a tender mercy. I cannot even express how much that means to me. I didn't think it was possible because she is Spanish speaking and she lives with us but she and sister gee are going to rock that area I worked so hard in for 10.5 months! I couldn't have asked for anything better! :D
ok... now i am really rambling.
for the blog:
Mariana... I got your letter and about died with happiness... i will write back as soon as I can! I LOVE YOU!!!
ok well my time is up... i am so excited for something new. I love love love being a missionary. I am so grateful for this gospel that I not only can know that God is real but that He loves us soo much that He has provided the fullness of the gospel for each of us and that the Book of Mormon is proof of that reality... if you don't have one or haven't tested that out for yourself recently... do it now. mormon.org - get a free copy!
love you all to the moon and back!
-Kaitlyn (Kreme)
No comments:
Post a Comment