Sunday, January 24, 2010

It has been a wonderful week! It has been amazing to see the new humble people Heavenly Father is putting in our paths. We found out that because of a situation, one of our investigators might be able to get baptized before she moves out of her apartment. ITS SO EXCITING! She told us last time we saw her how she wanted us to know how serious she was about this. She has read like half of the gospel principles book and loves to highlight her favorite verses in the Book of Mormon. I seriously love this woman. She is sooooo amazing and so humble! O I JUST LOVE HER! She has the cutest kids too!

So its been so interesting to hear about what's going on in Haiti. Before the mission I didn't really have any connection to Haiti but now I sure do. Guillame got the phone call finally on Saturday telling him of the miracles that his whole family was safe. Others have not been so lucky. I talked to a guy on the street yesterday who said he hasn't heard anything still except that one of his sons is dead. Our stake is putting together efforts of relief and has sent out a call to all our members to fulfill their baptismal commits to mourn with those that mourn and to comfort those who stand in need of comfort. These people are so kind and loving. I love Haitian people. I pray for the comfort of those who are in need. I wish I could do more but for now I will be talking to as many people as possible teaching of the comforting power that comes through the Atonement of Jesus Christ.

So another investigator is doing amazing! He is so talented. Its so funny how we meet these cool people and then find out that they are doing amazing things. Like on Sunday we had dinner at a member's house who is a ballerina for the new york city ballet company or the American one... i don't remember anyways she's amazing... everyone here is. On Sunday we had a musical number in our singles ward by a girl who is one of the lead roles in jersey boys on Broadway here. SO COOL! ha ha. Anyways back to our investigator. He is so excited for his baptism and wants his friend's brother and father to come and participate. He is still learning a lot but loves it all. What a tender mercy it has been to teach people like him

Also we had a lesson with another person yesterday. She was a lady we contacted a while back with sis ganaha who finally was able to come to church on my birthday. Then she came again on Sunday and we met with her yesterday. We asked her if she had any questions about the reading we gave her and she said "no but i do want to tell you that when i was reading all of a sudden i just felt really warm inside and some of the verses made me all teary eyed, what was that feeling?" I was so excited! She doesn't even know if she believes in God yet but she has already felt God's love through the influence of the Holy Ghost while reading the Book of Mormon! O it is sooo true!!! What a powerful tool the Book of Mormon is! Those honest seekers who are sincere and who will really accept the answers God gives can know! Those who are humble and become like a child. She still is nervous about the commitment of baptism but she is developing her understanding of our Heavenly Father! ITS SO MAGNIFICENT!

So we had an interesting experience a couple of days ago where an old man collapsed on the street and sis tai and I found him struggling. He looked homeless but said he was just coming home from the doctor and needed to take the bus home and I felt really strongly that we needed to help him. So we carried him to the bus and took him to his door. He was in bad shape and so I just kept talking to him and trying to make him feel less embarrassed because I could tell he was. He said he was almost 90 years old. I told him how I coulda sworn he was 25. haha. He was so cute. We took him home and found out he was living alone and didn't really have anyone to take care of him. He had fallen and hurt himself and decided to walk to the emergency room alone! It was an interesting experience but I learned how Heavenly Father is very aware of each of us and our needs and how we are all children of God. Even if we look or are homeless. I promise mom and dad... i wont let you go places alone! haha or get to the point you look homeless! haha!

well I am getting told I have to hurry there are people waiting for the computer. I love you all so much! Thanks for your support! I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY! i LOVE being your daughter/sister/friend!

love you to the moon and back!
sister wadsworth

No comments: