Hey HEY!
It has been an interesting week. It feels like we just had a pday. CRAZY! I am so glad the holidays are over and people can stop giving excuses about them. LOL!
We had a pretty chill new years also. It blows my mind that 2009 is over. I think this year will be stuck in my brain forever because it has flown by. Anyways we did get to come home early and we ordered pizza for the last time since I am now on a more strict diet. WOOT! O it was so delish! I'm so going to miss real NY pizza. There is nothing like it! Then I used Jason's recipe and made mango sticky rice... holy macaroni it was sooooo delish!!! We seriously scarfed it down. Thanks Jase and Britt! I will totally be making it again soon because its so few ingredients and we actually have almost all of them already! Also because I told my roomie about how much I love to go dancing on new years we decided to have a dance party... it was harder to do than I thought because we don't have any dance music. We tried to find an efy song that was pumpin enough but it didn't work... soooo we decided to use our key board and drop our own beats. hahaha. it was a blast. Just imagine 4 sister missionaries dancing around the apartment to someone pluckin out some beats on an electric keyboard... it was momentous! haha!
Things have been kinda dry with investigators. It's been a rough month. Finally our single's ward is starting to come back! yay! We had to drop one of our family ward investigators. O its always sooo hard because you love them so much and know how much the gospel will bless them but they choose to not do the things that will make them happiest! ugg... but one cool thing we finally got ahold of another investigator again. I hope that she can be strong enough to do what's right so that God can more fully bless her as I know He is anxious to do.
I have been working hard this week to refine my focus. Its been a weird month with the holidays and all my buddies going home and I have found myself not being as focused as I want to be. Not that I am not working hard but more that my heart is not as in it as I want and need it to be. So I have been studying and praying a lot about how to be focused and I have just learned about the power of continual repentance. Its such a blessing to know that God doesn't expect us to be perfect all at once and that we can always be better as we rely on the Atonement. I hope that I can always rise to the challenge and do what God wants me to do and if I don't make it the first time I know I can the next time!
So today we are going to go ice skating at Rockefeller Center as a zone! Pretty cool! I just hope I can afford it! It has been SOOOOOOO cold. I think that is part of the reason I have not been super focused because all I can think about is how cold I am. hahaha. Its sad but true. I stop people and try to talk to them and they will just say "no way... too cold". It's wonderful... not. haha. My eyeballs feel like they are freezing. Its really only like 20-25 degrees right now but when that wind comes up off the water around us... o man its bone chilling! I don't even know how to describe it. I am tempted to ask you to send me some of kyle's Russian hats. Everyone wears them here so I guess I could do it too! haha
Well I sure love you guys I hope all is well! I pray for you and each of your challenges! Thanks for your love and support!
love you guys to the moon and back.
-taters
No comments:
Post a Comment