To hear the news report Katy is talking about go to
http://www.wnyc.org/news/articles/147038
You can hear her at the very end of the story.
Hello once again!
I feel like I have also been super close to you guys this week. So many appropriate times to think about how much I love and appreciate you guys. Thank you sooo much for my Christmas and birthday gifts. I'm wearing my new purple nail polish right now! :D Christmas day it was so nice to talk to you guys. That was def the best part of my day. Christmas morning we all woke up and opened our gifts and then while the other girls were opening their crazy amount of gifts, I made breakfast for them. Totally made sausage rolls. Then we spent the day with other missionaries and then we went to see Gene before we had to go in for the night. It was really nice to not get too caught up in the gimme gimmes. Then as most of you know two days later was my birthday. It is one that I know I will never forget. So it was a sunday and so we had church that day. I decided to save my gifts from you until I got home that night so I could have something to look forward to. I made my coconut cake in the morning so we could have it when we got home too (o it was so yummy too)! It was an interesting experience. I really felt like that was the greatest opportunity I have had thus far to forget myself and go to work. No one at church knew it was my birthday. Pretty much only the girls I lived with knew and I didn't tell anyone because I didn't want them to feel bad or something and so I got the great opportunity to just not think about myself on a day that that is typically all you do. Lol! That day we went to see a less active lady who we don't see too often. She was in need because of some hard things that have been going on in her life. So for about an hour I sat with this lady. I really felt so happy. I know its weird but what a wonderful gift my Heavenly Father gave me to serve. I am doing a terrible job at explaining how I felt but the whole day I just felt sooo grateful to be serving a mission. Im so grateful that God has trusted me enough to do such a thing. We came home and the sisters gave me a tshirt they made with what they thought a manatee looked like haha. I told them about my manatee shirt and how much I love manatees. It was really cute. Mom can you please send me a picture of a manatee this week... so they can see what it really looks like. hahaha.
So last week the zone leaders had a radio station WNYC shadowing them and they came with Sis Tai and I to an appointment with a recent convert and recorded us. He said he put me singing on the story... ahhh so I am singing on new york radio!! woot go me! I donno if you can get access to it but i guess you can try. I don't know when it will be finished but keep your eyes open. haha It was pretty cool.
Anyways sorry this is a jumbled email. There is so much going on at the church today. haha.
Well I love you all so much! TO THE MOON AND BACK!
-Sis Wadsworth
1 comment:
It was so happy to hear her voice!!!
Post a Comment