So we just got back from the temple! I just love the temple. I feel like I am still so new at it all because we only get to go 4 times a year. But that will change when I get back for sure!
Some fun things happened this week! Sunday was amazing!!! I miss having Sundays like this one. One of our investigators came to church. O she was so wonderful! During gospel principles class we were talking about service and the teacher asked about examples of service and she piped up and talked about "the sisters" she talked about how we saved her life and made her smile when she never thought she could again. It was def a highlight for me! I just love her so much. Our singles ward is finally starting to form again after the holiday vacations. One of our members who is an amazing ballroom dancer brought her dance partner to church and we got to teach him afterwards. HE IS SOO AMAZING! He is from Poland (add that to the list) and just loves everything we shared and that he has learned from his dance partner about the church. I am so grateful for members who are not afraid to share their testimonies! What joy it brings to those around them!
So last Friday I got the wonderful chance again to sing in front of a world leader. Man even if I am in Manhattan my entire mission at least I have been blessed with opportunities like this. So the UN ambassador of Papa New Guinea came to meet with us. He seriously is sooo amazing. He is not a member of our church but he is Christian. He talked about how his country is founded on christian beliefs. I think what I learned most of the experience is just how there are inspired people out of the church too who have the light of Christ burning in them. I wish he was our ambassador. He was so humble and teachable. He loved to talk to us and learn from us. It was such a great experience. We had a big conference with all the missionaries in the city (maybe 50 of us or so) and then we had lunch with him afterwards. It was so cool. I love my mission. We get the coolest opportunities. We have the UN in our area. SOOO COOL!
So mom I think I told you a while back but our family ward has this super cool relief society thing that they do that I am totally goin to do in whatever wards I am in in the future. The sisters get together about once a month and there is a theme and then its either desserts or appetizers. They all make what they think is best for the theme then get together and eat and one of the ladies puts all of the recipes on a website. I am pretty sure that it is www.tastymorselsnyc.blogspot.com. Or something like that. But you should look on there. Yesterday the theme was cheese and this lady made a baked brie that was to die for!
Yesterday we had multi-zone conference and Sis Smith stood up and told us to all stand up and that she was going to play 20 questions and who ever was left standing won a dinner with her and president. Then she proceeded to ask questions to check our obedience. For example Did you plan for 30 minutes, did you only have a one hour lunch break, did you call your ward mission leader last night and so on... so mother I just want you to know ... I WON! :D By a landslide! hahaha! You always remind me to be obedient so I just wanted to make sure you know... I am!! haha. President stood up and laughed after and was like ... "somehow I am not surprised it was her". I love being obedient. It makes me happy and brings miracles! haha
So we have had a successful two days so far this week. We got two cute new investigators who have been really humbled by their environment and situations. It is so amazing to share with them the healing power of the Atonement and that it is available for all no matter how far gone they think they are. I love being a missionary! I love sharing the gospel WOOT WOOT ! I just got a letter from a friend saying that she is thinking about a mission! So cool! It's been so amazing to be a on a mission and hear about all my friends who have decided to also serve missions! What a pleasure it is. It seems like it is happening more and more now! I'm so glad I chose to even when it was not the easiest thing to and when people told me I wasn't the kinda of girl who goes on a mission... or whatever! HAHAH!
Well I love you all soooooo much! Don't forget about me out here freezing!
haha love you to the moon and back
taters
No comments:
Post a Comment