Friday, July 3, 2009

Hmmmm

Well this last week has been rough. We are being challenged FOR SURE. This area is proving to be harder than I thought to build. With transfers coming up I feel like I have not done as much as I should have but there is still time. I am working on staying positive and looking for all the tender mercies that God always shows us. One thing I saw this week for the first time were LIGHTNING BUGS! They are so amazing!!! I felt bad for the lady I was talking to when I first saw them because I got so excited I could hardly contain myself. She was like "yea... they are everywhere". HAHA. They are so cool. So beautiful. I bet the Lord had fun thinking that one up.

I am starting this cool thing. I am asking for the recipe of all my favorite meals that members feed us. I am making a little cookbook for when I go home. It's been so fun to see what people make and they get all excited when I ask for the recipe. I don't think elders ever do that. But my future family will should be very excited cuz I have been fed some great meals!

Yes I am going to church at the temple now. It's pretty cool. We see a lot of people who are visiting. It has made it difficult to get to know the ward though. I can never tell who is really in our ward. Last week I sat next to Lauren's (our lauren) BYU dance teachers. There were two of them here visiting because one of our ward members was a big BYU modern dancer too and she was speaking. Anyways when I told them I was related to Lauren they got all excited and told me how one of their sons had a big crush on Lauren and then they were like ... o that means you're Kyle's sister. OOO WE LOVE KYLE TOO... ahaha it was funny. We also have a missionary here who knows the Cahoons and he was so excited to hear Devan and Kelsi got married. I know I have said it many times but i really love being a member of our family. We have the best people around!

So yes it rains here a ton. We have been drenched like 5/7 days a week this whole cycle. I donno what is going on. Its good to know it is not always like this. I really want to invest in some rain boots but I don't think I have enough money for that. They have cut our money down even more because the church is trying to save money. Which is fine. It's just fun trying to live off pretty much nothing. Guess it's good practice right? :D

I love sis. Ganaha so much. She is so amazing. I hope we get to stay together!!! *fingers crossed* I really don't know what will happen with the next transfers. But yesterday I went on a split in the BRONX!! HAHA. It seriously is so great there. Way nicer then where I live and work now. Man I am excited to go there. It will be interesting to see the Lord's timing on that one because it is the ward that Dave lives in during his off track. But there are 3 sets of missionaries in that ward so the sisters don't actually cover his area but I would see him at church on Sundays. CRAZY.

So it's going to be an interesting next week. Today President and Sister Searle are leaving. I actually wrote to President Smith in my weekly President's letter today. That was weird. But I am excited to see what the change will bring. I was just thinking how inspired and close to the spirit you have to be to be a mission president. The old president only gets 3 hours tops with the new one before he leaves it all to him. They are not supposed to talk about the missionaries at all. So i guess all the missionaries get a fresh start (other than the APs opinions). I will miss the searles. They are so amazing. We got a tender mercy to see them on Monday with all the missionaries and president gave the elders permission to hug sister searle and we got permission to hug him. IT WAS SO EXCITING!!!!! HAHAHAH!

Anyways I don't really have anything else exciting to say. I am super exhausted. I love you all so much. Thanks for all you do to support me.

LOVE YOU TO THE MOON AND BACK.

-SIS

2 comments:

Rachel M. said...

I love that she goes to church in the same building as the temple...so cool!!

Anderson's said...

I love reading her letters. SHe sounds so good!