Thursday, July 9, 2009

So transfers came and went FINALLY I AM NOT MOVING OR LOOSIN A COMPANION. Such a tender mercy. I don't think I could handle another change. I am soooo so so so soo grateful to be with Sis Ganaha again. She is a super star and I love being with her. So this week was kinda strange and filled with events that don't usually happen. For example we got a new mission president. We surprised President and Sis Searle before they left though and the whole mission got together and sang them a song as they came in and then just told them how much we loved them and the coolest thing happened. President gave us permission to hug HIM!!!! AHHHH! It was sooooo awesome! We don't get to do that like ever. It was hard to see them go and a little strange to meet our new mission president. They are much different from the searles. They are from Rexburg Idaho. lol. My favorite place (they will never know that btw). They are not bad or anything I am really learning to love them. they are just different. I really don't know them very well so I don't know what to tell you about them other than I have come to know that in order to be a mission president you have to be pretty amazing so I know they will be great. Also this week we had FOURTH OF JULY. I have never loved this holiday as much as I do now as a missionary. Why? because we have to be in by 6 rather than 9 :D SOOO we had our selves a little party . I made guacamole burgers for everyone. Well actually I just made the burgers (From scratch) and the hermanas made the guac. Mom you will love them I will make them when I get home. It's amazing the new recipes I am learning. I feel more like a chef though because I don't use recipes!! WOOT! Any ways then we played games like pictionary and charades. We laughed so hard it was fun fun fun. Then we made s'mores over the gas stove. And the best part was we got to go on the roof of our 35 floored apartment and watch the fireworks the city had over the Hudson river. It was amazingggg!!! So great. I will never forget it. It was a nice little break and totally re-energized us all.

We have gotten some new investigators that we are excited about. They are all having a hard time getting to church for one reason or another. Yesterday we taught a lesson the lady was so sweet. I am so grateful for the little things that have been happening to really get this area up and running. Sis G and I have been working so hard and its not easy to stay super positive when it feels like your efforts are going no where. But I am always reminded of my Savior's love as I see all the miracles, however small they may be.

Something interesting I have learned as a sister missionary is that you can in fact tan through nylons. HAHA. I realized this as I saw the thick shoe strap line across my foot. lol. I know hott right? It has really warmed up and is continuing to get warmer and more humid. YAY? haha

So I have decided that i love Japanese food. My companion is totally hookin me on all these foods. If will be fun to cook some of it for you when I get back. UMMM... We now have a greenie living with us. She is adorable and is from Arizona so she knows what Im going through with the weather here. It will be fun to have a greenie around who is excited about all the new things. It makes me think a lot about what I felt like as a newbie.

So the lady in our ward who is over choosing musical numbers has asked me to sing in church on Sunday. AHHH. I'm nervous because there is so much real talent in the area but I will do it because I know if I share my talent it will grow. So I am hoping that at least by the end of the song I will sound like Celine Dion. haha. I didn't bring any of my music with me though so a sweet lady in the ward found a song for me that was in my range and then fed us dinner this week so she could teach it to me. I hope it goes well. Its hard because we don't have much down time to practice but I know Heavenly Father will help me out.

We had a huge group of missionaries go home this cycle. Two of my favorite sisters. Its so sad to see people go. Its crazy to think they are going "home". To that other world. haha. I hope some of them stay single long enough to room with me when I get home. They are all talk and say they will be and want to live with me but we will see how long that lasts. HAHA.

I came across a scripture D&C 49:27-28. I really love this because it talks about how Christ is always with us and will come quickly when we call. What a comfort that is as we go out and serve him here in Harlem!

LOVE YOU GUYS to the moon and back.

-taters

No comments: