Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Man i think computers are such a pain sometimes. I just tried to write my letter to the president like 5 times and something weird kept happening. Anyways. It sounds like everything is going well back home. Seems like some distant life I had. LOL!

Sis Gananha is from Tokyo.

Man I usually write down things I want to say in my letters but I had a massive headache last night so I went to bed early. Now I cant remember what to tell you about.

Well on Sunday I sang in church it was seriously the most stressful Sunday of my whole mission. A good stressful but stressful none the less. We had to go to ward council at 10 and then we had to pick one of our investigators up to go early with us and then she brought one of her friends. Then during ward council the bishop gets a call and says well looks like a general authority will be joining us for church today. AHHHH... I WAS SINGING! And then the my pianist was late to practice and we had 3 investigators at church and a less active who had not been there in 5 years. O man and none of our ward missionaries were there to help. WOW... JUST WOW! buttttttttttttt needless to say the Lord gave us the help we needed and it all worked out. The general authority was Elder Stevenson. He spoke in conference right after Elder Bednar. Anyways he was so sweet. My song went well. and our investigators all enjoyed church. God is for sure watchin out for us.

Gene was not able to make it to church this week when I sang and boy was he sad. The reason was because last Sunday the elevators were not working right in his building and he didn't want to miss church so this sweet 91 year old man walked down 20 flights of stairs. Just for church. It hurt him quite a bit but can you believe that?? Amazing..

So today for pday we did something I think mom will appreciate. We went to salvation army!!! I wanted to find a fan but no luck. But all the clothes and shoes were half off and so i found a top for 2 bucks and some rain boots that would be 5 if they were half off. But as I got to the counter the guy informed they were not on sale. So I was like o ok I wont get them then. Then he looked at my name tag and then looked at me and said "is it out of your budget?" and I was like well yea but that's ok. Then he said.. well my eyes are pretty bad let me look again. and then he said o yea they are on sale. hahah. And gave them to me for 5 dollars. What a tender mercy! So mom just so you know your not the only one who can charm the thrift store workers. hahah. I bet now that I finally got rain boots it wont rain anymore. lol.

Sis Ganaha has been sick. :( She has a bad cough but it doesn't effect her work. Shes amazing. I just hope i don't get it. Its going around the mission I guess.

We have seen a lot of small miracles this week. We talked to a lady on the street and she invited us in right away. Then we met her two adorable twin daughters who are 21 and looking for more truth. Unfortunately they will be for the singles ward missionaries but still a solid investigators is good for everyone.

My knees have been bothering me a lot. I think I have the lovely Wadsworth knees YIPPEE!! But I think it also has a lot to do with walking about 8 miles a day on hard concrete.


LOVE YOU TO THE MOON AND BACK..
TATERS

No comments: