So father's day was interesting. I'm sorry dad but I totally forgot on the actual day until the little kids got up to sing "I'm so glad when daddy comes home". It was funny. We spent the day as usual. It was pouring pouring rain. Like it has been for about the last 3 weeks... ugg. But that evening it was raining especially hard and so I could not stop laughing because my umbrella went all over the place as the wind blew and so it was pointless and we were sopping wet. And right as I had lost all hope staying dry we hear "honk honk hey sisters!!" and this super hip and cute couple in our ward rides by on their scooter sopping wet too and we all just had a good laugh at how ridiculous we looked. Priceless. But after that we went to stop and see a cute old guy in our ward. We sang a song with him and tried to make him feel loved. It was great.
So the baptism was AMAZING!!!!!!! It went so smoothly. It is so amazing to know that God is aware of our most simple prayers. We have been praying for the last month or so that it would go smoothly and without accident because he is so old. I couldn't have asked for anything better. We put a small stepping stool in the baptismal font and had three people in the water to help him sit and lean back and it went PERFECTLY. He looked ten years younger afterwards. He was bouncing around and all giggly. I love that man. I sang his favorite hymn "I need the every hour" accapella and he was so cute. He just smiled and smiled and told everyone how I did that for him because it was his favorite song. President and Sister Searle came to the baptism. It was so great to see them one more time before they leave in a few days. CRAZY!
I had an interesting experience this week. I contacted a guy who had very strong feelings about the church (not positive feelings btw). I have had people say rude things but this guy was terrible. He cursed and cursed and cursed and just yelled and yelled and said some very very hurtful things. It was horrible. I kept my composure while he talked for about 5 mins straight about how I was going to hell. And I just told him how I knew God loved him and thanked him for his time and then left. I felt so horrible afterwards and I started to tear up a little but then I thought about our Savior. So many people spit in His face and mocked Him and yet He stood strong and relied on our Father in Heaven. As horrible as that experience was I am so grateful for the opportunity to stand by my Savior. I know that this church is true and no one can take that away from me, no matter how rude they are. What a blessing the gospel is in my life to give me a sure foundation.
I found out yesterday that my recent convert Krystyne is now the Relief Society secretary. THAT MAKES MY HEART SMILE. It is so great to see these people progress and grow and help build the kingdom. She is an awesome missionary too! I love Love love her. Also one of the girls that I taught that was a member refferal and from jersey got baptized on Sunday!!! SO great!
Well my time is out I love you guys so much. I love you all. Keep being amazing. LOVE YOU TO THE MOON AND BACK
-SIS Kait
No comments:
Post a Comment