Sunday, June 14, 2009

Loove you!

Dear Family and friends,



So this week has been a challenge. We are working our tails off trying to find people to teach. We found that amazing lady last week and then she disappeared. We have been praying to find her again and a miracle... we talked to her on the phone yesterday!! We have been working hard to build up member relationships because our ward is primarily full of young couples who come and go for school and internships it's very challenging to get member refferals which are our greatest tools. I'm just trying to do my thing and get people to trust us. Were praying and praying it works out. There is this line they use on the mission "you don't get member refferals, you EARN them"... o how that is so true. We will keep you posted on that.

Exciting news: Our 91 year old investigator has decided to be baptized on the 20th!! He is so amazing. He doesn't even look that old. He travels from 110th to 65th every Sunday by himself to come to church. He doesn't have hearing aids (he is hard of hearing but he doesn't need them) and no glasses either. He is the best. Yesterday we went to see him and we asked him how he was feeling. and he said "Like a monkey!" haha. Then he proceeded to tell us that that meant he was all wobbly and all over the place. HAHA. He says cute things like that all the time. He so smart too. Never forgets ANYTHING. Which is a blessings and a curse at the same time for us because if we ever forget something boy does he call us out "YOU GUYS MADE A BOO BOO" lol. Sis Ganaha was so funny later she said... whats a boo boo sister? I love my companion. It's so fun teaching her new words and phrases like "oww I stubbed my toe". Then she writes them in her planner and looks up the word in her dictionary then will laugh. It's the best. I am so glad to be with her. She is seriously the sweetest little thing.

So we had an amazing lesson on Sunday in relief society about the law of consecration and how it is more than just sharing our money. It is sharing our talents and time. The teacher talked about her brother who moved from a nice area to a little po-dunk city in arizona because he knew his family could do a better job building the kingdom there. How amazing and full of humility is that? It made me think about mom and dad. How we could live in a different area of town but instead we live in NLV. WOOT! haha. The service you render is truly building the kingdom where it is needed most. You are such great examples to me. Thank you. The lesson really has made me think a lot about how I can contribute to building God's kingdom. Let's just say I have a new goal I want to accomplish in life and I am so excited to do it. I know that as we serve others selflessly we can truly be happy. I know when I would work with my special Olympics kids or be at the hospital helping wrap presents is when I really felt happiest and felt like I was doing as Christ would. And now as a missionary. It's such a great opportunity even when people constantly ignore or be mean to us. haha

Anyways. Congrats on graduation Tom and everyone else who has graduated. I got Devan's announcement. They are too cute together. It was funny because the same day I got Devan's one of the sisters I live with got one from her ex-boyfriend who should have waited for her. HAHA. And we talked about how much cuter devan and kelsey are (they who waited) compared to this Sister's friend who didn't wait. haha o The life of a missionary.

Thanks for everything. Keep up the good work. Love you to the moon and back
-Sis Wadsworth

No comments: