O i just love these emails. I just always feel so silly when I start to tear up in the library. People prob think I just found out some horrible news but really I am just overwhelmed with the love you guys share and the love I have for you guys. So thank you. It sounds like it was an exciting trip as usual to Salt Lake. I remember it being both fun and traumatizing. haha.
Well it has been another exciting week. I have started a new tape for you guys and I realized that my funniest story from this week is on the tape. So I guess you will hear it twice. So we have this Haitian recent convert that we visit every other week. He is 75 and O HOW I LOVE THIS MAN. He cannot speak too much English but you can always feel his love for the Lord and the gospel. You can also tell how he just has the most tender heart. He is a great example to me because even though he doesn't understand everything he still comes to church every week. That is why sis G and I were pretty concerned when we didn't see him at church on Sunday. We had an appointment with him on Monday so we figured we would get the story then. So when we got there he told us his story in broken English. He said "I was in elevator... i push 3" (the elevator at the church and the chapel is on the 3rd floor) "and then swoooooooooooooooooosh!" And at this point he stands up from his chair and then motions downward with his hands multiple times from below his waste to the floor. and then he said "I PEE ... PANTS ALL WET!" ..... first of all we were very concerned. But then he just started to laugh at himself. and we couldn't help but laugh because of the way he explained it. I asked if it had happened before and he said "no first time". O it was so funny. He's getting old I guess and so I said "You know what that means... ? You have to wear diapers now". And he laughed and laughed and stood up and wobbled around like he was wearing a diaper. It was too cute. He is such a humble sweet man. He just kept talking about how he is happy because he has all he needs (not much) and how much God loves him.
We are getting excited about the baptism this Saturday. It will be very interesting with 4 people in the font to make sure he doesn't hurt himself and that he gets all the way under. He is so cute too. Very gracious. Always appreciates what we do.
I'm so excited for Devan and Kelsi. They are too cute. Congrats to them.
It rains so much here. A couple of days ago it was pouring so hard that the water was rushing over my shoes. That was fun to get stuck in. I had to keep saying in my head "the miracles come after the trial of your faith" over and over. HAHA. That's prob terrible that I have to remind my self about that. This area is proving to be a tough one. We have a lot of singles and Jewish people around. FUN FUN.
Right now I am reading Jesus the Christ. Wow this book is awesome! I have not gotten that far yet but as I read I am just overcome with a feeling of peace and love that comes only as we learn of the Savior. I know that He died for me and that He has provided a way for us to be happy and successful. But this is only possible through our faith and action. But what a merciful God we have who is always willing to give us another chance.
Well sorry this letter is kinda lame. Sis G forgot her library card and so she needs to use some of my time. I really love you guys so much and am grateful for the all you do for me. I am doing my best to be worthy of God's blessings.
LOVE YOU TO THE MOON AND BACK
-Sista wads wheezy
No comments:
Post a Comment