Friday, May 29, 2009

Transfer

So yes the news is true I have been transferred. I have set a record 5 companions in 4 cycles. Its crazy. I was only with sis johanson for 4 weeks. I am now in a whole new area. Its really not that different I guess because I am on the west side. I am super nervous because I am now in a family ward. I don't even know how to handle myself. I'm both excited and scared but I know that Heavenly Father will help me out. I am so surprised that things have never really settled down for me. I don't think I will ever be able to relax and enjoy an area. haha. O well. I guess I can handle change better than some missionaries because every cycle I get something new.
So my new companion is from Japan. She is very sweet. It will be interesting to have language study every morning with her now. I think grandma would be proud of me... serving with a Japanese girl. haha.(Note from Pauline - Katy's grandma was a missionary in Japan in the 50's.)

Well it was very hard to say bye to all my recent converts. They were not very happy. Dave cried. haha. Hes the best. The ward was pretty sad which makes me feel like I did a good job at least. Hopefully that is. It was hard to fit all my stuff in my luggage. I have accumulated a lot more clothes I guess. O well.

I would like to ask for your special prayers. I am a little scared. eeks. O well. I just got asked out by the guy next to me. hahaha. Guess that's my funny story for this week. He wanted to go to the movies. O man.

So we had another baptism on Saturday. It was a really sweet baptism. He has such a tender heart. He was so sad when I was leaving. He said "we have so much history together wadsworth". hahaha He also got the priesthood on Sunday and because the relief society were together with the elder's quorum I got to be there. He will be a great member of the church. He is very service oriented. President and Sis Searle came to my baptism. They are so great to come. They have been to 4/5 of mine and that's really great of them. They always bring such a special spirit with them. I will be sad to see them go. I am still going to be in the same zone and so I will still see all my missionary buddies. Yay!

Sorry this letter is so jumbled my mind is just full of a lot of different things. I got to help a member paint this week. It was so fun until their neighbors came over who were not members of the church and since we didn't have our regular clothes on and no tags either. They didn't know we were missionaries. It was the weirdest experience. I wanted to talk to them about the gospel but I felt silly doing it in my pajamas. Haha. Now I remember what its like to be a member missionary. jk.

ok well I gotta go now. I only had a short time on the computer here in the new library I go to. BLLLLLLLAHHHH.. HAHA. Its just hard thinking about what happened last week because I had to leave that area. you know what i mean? o well Love you guys so much. Thanks for your support. I will survive. doo do doooo

love you to the mooon and back.
Sis Wadsworth

1 comment:

Katherine said...

We love and miss Sister Wadsworth!! She is such a fabulous missionary and was such a blessing to our ward. -Manhattan 3rd (represented by Kat)