Wednesday, May 20, 2009

To Family Wa

So this has been an awesome week. We now have 4 very intelligent investigators. It's really a struggle for me because I feel like I don't know my stuff well enough to teach them so I have been studying VERY hard lately. It's very intimidating but exciting also because the gospel always makes sense and it's cool to see when they figure that out too. We are just working on getting them to see the spiritual side of it too because that's what will make the difference in their lives.

So it was pretty cool we had the ambassador for Moldova come speak to us yesterday at mission conference. He is not a member but somehow the opportunity came and so the church wanted him to meet and talk to us. Moldova is between Romania and Ukraine. Which made me so happy because their national language is a lot like Romanian he said so Rachel Martel and Kimcha would be happy to know that. I was so tempted to yell out "TE UBESK" i donno how to spell it but it means I love you and its about all i know other than "Plaka de ieche"...? which is some form of get out of my face. haha.

So I contacted in sign language again!!! O it was sooo amazing. I saw these two cool lookin guys signing and I said a little prayer and went up to them and contacted them. OOOOO the spirit was so strong. It is such a pleasure to be an instrument in God's hands especially when I can help out the ASL elders who have such a hard time finding people to teach. They work so hard to find people too so this was such a tender mercy!

We also had a really cool street meeting this week. (A street meeting is where a bunch of missionaries get together and contact as many people as possible). We did it near ground zero and instead of me contacting people the elders in charge asked me to sing hymns with a couple of other elders. At first I was like ... wow this is weird. But then It was SOOO COOL. People would stop and listen and even on this busy New york street I know people were able to feel the spirit as we sang the hymns. We had a lot more people stop and talk to us than usual. It was awesome. Music invites the spirit soooo well.

So funny story. We went to visit a recent convert a couple of nights ago. I cannot express how much I love this girl. She is so funny. So she was showing us some flyer thing and there was a beautiful woman in a tiny bikini on it striking a pose. And i was like" woah scandalous!!" And she was like 'what? the girl in the swim suit?" and I proceeded to tell her how it was provocative and such and she was like "no way when people look at this they think (.... haha) wow, i really want to go swimming". HAHAHAHAH. I felt bad but I could not contain myself I just laughed and laughed. I was like are you sure they are not thinking "Wow I really want to swim with HER?" Then we all laughed and it was just awesome. I hope that did the story justice. But it was too cute. I guess there is nothing wrong with be scandalous as long as it is all in the name of going swimming!!! hahaaa

Today the weather is super nice so sis johanson and I are going to write letters in central park. :D be jealous! JK.

love you all to the moon and back

-sis wadsworth

1 comment:

Rachel M. said...

Yeah for the Romanian/Moldovan connection...I love it!! That's so cool that she was able to do that near ground zero! I am jealous!