Friday, May 8, 2009

OOOO HAPPY DAY!

Dear Family,

I am loving my new companion. Which is horrible to say because that kinda jinx myself to getting transferred or something. But I have such a strong testimony of perfect obedience. She is such a powerhouse and obedient. And I feel like Heavenly Father was just waiting for two missionaries who are obedient to let the area catch fire. We are seeing so many miracles. We have found so many amazing new investigators who are GOLDEN!!!! We are having so much success (not boastin I promise) That we are going into other people's areas to help them. I know that all the success we are seeing is really Heavenly Father's doing because I am not doing anything different really. haaha.

We are teaching a girl. SOO cute. When we taught her the first lesson we committed her to baptism (we always do that on the first lesson btw). So when we asked her "Will you follow the example of Jesus Christ and be baptized?" and she like put her head down and made a big sigh. I didn't really know how to take it at first but then she looked up with a big smile and said "I have been wanting so badly to get baptized but I have never found the right church" She then went on thanking us sweetly for finding her. It was such a tender mercy! I know that there are people all over the world just waiting to hear the gospel. People who want to fully accept Christ and his Atonement but don't know how to. Some may already have their own ideas about "the mormons" but they too can come to know the truth of this gospel. I am so grateful for the understanding I have of this gospel and that I can turn to my Savior with pure confidence to know that He can remove my sins and imperfections. What peace that brings to my soul.

It has been rainy all week so we haven't gotten to go running in the mornings. Which I love/hate to do. You guys would be proud of me. I go running about 4 times a week. We exercise everyday of course but on running days we go outside and get a major work out. haha. Its so great because we have a cool trial right by our place that runs next to the east river. Its so beautiful to see the sun rising every morning. I try to clear my mind and just think about life and/or nothing but it never works I just end up singing a church song or thinking about an investigator. Which is good and how it should be. Its really funny though because I will try to think of nothing... it doesn't work.

So new record this week. I have not receive any mail except my tape this week. CRAAAAAAAAAAZY... and not fun. But hopefully I will get stuff today. I know Krista's my faithful writer so... I'm good.

So today for pday we are mostly just chillin but a lady from the family ward is going to have us over so she can teach us how to make her famous salsa!!! Yay... so how do breakfast burritos sound on christmas day family?? I know how to make homemade tortillas now and here comes salsa!! haha.

Ok funny experience of the week. We were contacting in the rain one day. And this lady came up to my companion crying like BIG TIMe. And she then proceeded to tell us that Oprah only had 3 years to live. AND she just didn't know how to deal with it. .... after we tried to calm her down she moved on still crying. We both looked at each other and laughed and then stopped and said. I wonder if she really is dying... So please let me know if she really is dying so I can either continue laughing or to join my dear friend in crying. What would the world be like with out Oprah??? I don't even want to think.


We had an interesting experience this week. Our investigator had brought one of his cousins to a lesson once and she was super cute and we gave her a Book of Mormon. Then a couple of days ago he called us and told us that she had OD'ed and was in the hospital. He wanted us to come pray with his family. So we called the elders and they came and gave her a blessing in the ICU. It was pretty intense. The family was pretty sad. But they were so grateful. I am so grateful for the power of the Priesthood. To know that when these worthy young men give blessings it is truly done by the power of God. The family is Catholic and they said they know the blessing was of God because they had a family member sick a long time ago and a member of our church came and gave him a blessing and he was healed. Anyways it was really amazing to see the faith of our investigator. He said he was just thinking and the idea came to his head to call us. He is so tender hearted I will be sending a picture of him soon.

Well everyone I love you so much. Thanks for your prayers and support. I know this is the greatest work I could ever be doing but its hard and so your love means a lot.

Talk to you all soon

LOVE YOU TO THE MOON AND BACK
-sis wadsworth

No comments: