Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Love at Home

Dear Family,

It was such a delight to talk to you guys on Sunday. I am a little sad that I am such a blabber mouth and didn't stop to let you guys talk. O man. Guess I haven't changed that much yet. haha. It really felt like we haven't been apart. That was a relief. I know life is going on back home but one thing I will always have is you guys. :D Thats all I need haha. Thanks for all your words of wisdom and upliftment. It was very motivating. Because we had a rough Sunday. We had such an amazing week with finding new investigators that Heavenly Father knew we needed a reality check. haha. None of our 6 new investigators came to church. We worked sooooo so hard to try and get them to church. It was especially hard because of mother's day. But I know that if we press forward in faith we will see our "reward".. meaning 13699345783497 people at church next sunday! haha.

So funny story. Sis Johanson and I were walking quickly to an appointment when we saw a lady in front of us dump a huge beautiful boquet of flowers in the trash. We both looked at each other in awe.. So sister Johanson was like "i really want those" and so I said "DO IT! " and she proceeded to turn around and retrieve a large bundle of flowers from the trash. HAHA. I wish I know why she threw them away but Sis Johanson was so happy she carried that huge thing of flowers the rest of the day with a huge smile on her face. Everyone we went to see thought they were for them. I thought it would be fun to hand them out to people but if you saw how happy sis johanson was holdin those flowers... you would have let her keep them too.

We are teaching this new guy. He was a guy we talked to on the street and then he came to church on sunday and we taught him after church. He was very hesitant and really said he didn't believe in God at all. But we taught him the restoration and gave him a book of Mormon and really tried hard to bear strong testimony so he could feel the spirit. Thennnnn... yesterday he calls us and said he was reading and wanted to know more about Joseph Smith so we gave him some places to read and hung up. Then like 3 hours later he called and said he had been reading that whole time and had a load of amazing questions and said "Man if this is true that would be so amazing!" Then he told us how much he loved it and wanted to read more. I know he is going to come to know it as truth and follow through with baptism. Its so awesome the power the Book of Mormon has in bringing people to truth. It is such an amazing tool that I think a lot of us take for granted.

We are also teaching this other really cool guy. He has a photographic memory. How cool is that? He is so smart. We were telling him the story of Adam and Eve and he said he had done a lot of research and read a lot of different versions of the story but that he had come to a conclusion and then he proceeded to tell us exactly what we have come to know as truth. IT WAS AMAZING!!! He is hesitant about God and organized religion but I know that once he comes to understand the doctrine he will be next in line to be baptized and to accept Christ fully in his life. :D

Today is going to be so fun. We are having a zone activity. Our whole zone is coming together and we are having a BBQ and playing pool and ping pong and all that good stuff. Its going to be so fun! We really do have the coolest zone because we have english, sign language and chinese all together. I have gotten to know so many great missionaries from all over the world. Most of our missionaries are not from the US. I have two elders hovering over me waiting to take their turn. One is from South America somewhere and the other is from RUSSIA. Sweet huh?

Well I love you all so much. Keep up the good work and dont forget to pray. There is no connection more important than that with our Heavenly Father.

Love you to the moon and back
-Taters

1 comment:

Rachel M. said...

That's so fun that you got to talk to her on mother's day!! I miss her but know she's doing so well!!