Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Hello ALLLLLLL YALLLS!

O it has been another CRAZY week. It is always difficult to get a new companion but you do learn a lot about yourself. It has been exciting to have my temple square companion for this short time. Temple square sisters serve outbound for up to 4 months. My companion has been here for about that long and so it was a big surprise that she got transferred this last time to me with only two weeks left. But it has become clear to me why she needed to come here. We both have things we need to learn from each other even if its in a short time period. It was really sweet yesterday we had zone conference and that is when we have our interview with President Searle. I have been a little down because we have not been having too much success finding new investigators the last two weeks but I have been trying to be positive, especially with President because he has so much to worry about already. But he just told me to make sure I don't beat myself up too much and then he just told me how much he appreciated what I do. He said thank you like 10 times and pointed out that he has been giving me a lot to handle. It really was just so sweet of him to say that so that I know that he knows he can count on me to help (even if my contribution is small). Anyways that wasn't to boast or anything it was just a very tender moment for me.
We are excited to have another baptism this weekend. Our next convert's big day is finally here!!! She is just so cute. Satan is working really hard on her though. She has been down on herself lately and then has a seizure yesterday (she has epilepsy ... spell check please! haha). But she is so dedicated. She is grasping so tightly to the gospel and the knowledge that she not only can be relieved of her sins but that she can truly become a new person. Her past problems and burdens will not be part of her. She is so full of life and excitement I cant wait to see what she brings to the ward.

I am so excited about Kenton. He is going to LOVE the MTC. I would like his address please! Tell Heather congrats and that I love her and Mark too now haha!

I cant believe that BYU is already done! I cant believe I have already missed a whole semester! It blows my little sister missionary mind. The end of a semester was always so fun though. Like you get to start fresh.

Lately I have been studying a lot about self mastery. This life is the time for us to learn how to control our bodies. How to let our spirits (the good part of us) take control of the natural man. We have our agency to choose what we want to do and so its all about making good choices. Some choices are easier than others and that's why we have to keep practicing self control. We will be happiest when we allow our wills to be one with God's because He knows best what we need. He can do a lot more with us then we can do with ourselves.


Well I love you guys oooo so much. To the moon and back even!!!
Have a great week don't forget to be nice to the missionaries!

-sister wadsworth

No comments: