Thursday, April 9, 2009

Sorry late

Dear Family,

so sorry this is a day late. We had the sisters luncheon yesterday all the way in Scarsdale a two hour train ride there and two hours back and so we had no time for anything else. So the president gave us permission to use our lunch break to email... and now of course its just my luck a worker here just came by and said he is closing all the computers down in 20 mins... ahh. Ok

So my brain is so jumbled now I can't even think. haha

Conference was amazing. It was so sad when they said the closing prayer. It broke my little heart. It was awesome to just listen for once. We also had mission conference on Tuesday. We talked a lot about being a charitable missionary vs a dutiful missionary and I have decided to make that the focus of my mission. I will send a copy of the talk home for you. Its so great. It talks about how we have to dedicate our hearts and minds too not just our might and strength because that's when we can truly become what God wants us to be. Our wills are the only things we can give God that He doesn't already have (or has really given us).

So two quick funny stories before I get kicked off...

1. So like 3 times a week we have street meetings where all of our zone or district gets together in one spot and contacts as many people as possible. So we had one at union square this week. A very liberal and diverse area (mostly scary) haha jk. lots of college students. But that day was especially crowded because of some big event. So I am speeding along trying to be urgent (like they tell us to be). That day I decided to wear a skirt I found in the closet again. It was prob bigger than my usual skirt but i figured I could pull it off... so back to speeding along... all of a sudden something feels kinda strange and right as i look down.... down goes my skirt!!! ahhhhhh... i looked around and picked it up... and my slip slid up with it causing it to stick out every where on the top. o man there were people every where. my companion laughs soooooooooooooooo loud and everyone turns around. So I punch her in the arm and go on my merry way. I laughed pretty much the rest of the day.

story #2 so there are security guards at our complex. They are all big black guys who are generally very kind and we love to say hello to them. They wait for us to get home every night. its kinda fun. Till one day one of the guards asked us if we could get married I said yea after we get home and went on my way. My comp lingered behind and one of the guards said good because I want to marry one of you. She asked who and he said "her" pointing to me a few steps ahead. EWww... I didn't really think anything of it till two days later we got in our elevator to go home and then all of a sudden it makes a funny noise and starts to go down to the bottom floor. Right when we we get to the bottom floor the doors open and sure enough that security guard had called the elevator down and handed us his card and said "I would like to take you guys to dinner sometime".... I said only if we talk about Jesus and then closed the doors... O DEAR his card is so funny too but the time is running out so I got to go.

The work is going great. Im working super hard. Doing my best. I know Heavenly Father loves each of us. Thanks for all you do. Our convert told us he and his member friend are talking about MARRIAGE!!! AHHHHHH SO great!

love you to the moon and back.

2 comments:

Rachel M. said...

Oh, her stories crack me up!!

Suzy said...

HAHAHAHA! Oh Kaitlyn... How I miss her.