Sorry if these seem kinda choppy at times. I try and edit out most names for people's privacy. (Don't know if that is necessary, but I figured I would do it.) So if things sound kinda funny, it's probably me. Thanks, Pauline
Hello Family,
So my letter is coming later than usual today because when we came to the library this morning there was a two and a half hour wait. So we decided to reserve the computers for right before we had to go back out and work. :D So here we are!!
So this Saturday was a baptism. Its hard to type how she talks but she is a cute little black girl. 21. Born and raised in the ghetto... She has a huge personality and a huge testimony so she just loves to steal the show during church. Its refreshing to have her most of the time at church because she's not what you usually expect. She says "O yea" "YEA" and "O I'M SORRY" all the time during the lessons randomly. She gets to the church and we show her the font and she says "WOW... THAT'S SEXY" haha. Then after our ward mission leader baptizes her she turns around and says "can you shut the doors? Travis and I are going to go for a swim!" HAHAH. Then during her testimony she just kept saying "wow... isn't that beautiful? and "you know wha I meeeeean?" . She is so amazing. Im so glad that she now has the gospel to lean on.
So ... good news everyone.. Trader Joe's was a hit. That was our pday activity last week and IT WAS AMAAAAZING!! They actually have reasonable prices. I bought 14 things and only 4 of those things were more than 2.00 AHHHH... I almost had a heart attack right there in the aisle (?). 19 CENT BANANAS!! can you believe it? O mom you would be proud to know I am now a big banana eater. O they are fantastic.. sadly though I have also become a big oreo eater... missions do weird things to you. I have never liked oreos but now i cant eat enough of them!
So another funny thing that happened this week was we went out to lunch with our April baptismal date... and we told her she could choose the place, so she told us and we told her we would meet her there... so we walk in the place. Its called "the taste of seafood"... and its packed first of all but when we walk in two blond very white girls in dresses and clunky shoes... the whole place pretty much turned around and jaws dropped. We were for sure the only white people to have ever eaten there. haha.. but we just walked in... dooo do doo.. ordered some fish and chips with some mac and cheese and proceeded to eat. We asked around for opinions on what we should eat first. It was funny to see people's reactions when we would walk up and talk to them but then they would just be super nice and give their favorite dishes. It was so fun. We asked our investigator if she was ashamed to be with the only white people in the place and she just laughed and said... no one cares. And really they didn't. I love Harlem!!
Well the amazing investigator's baptism is this Saturday. I think he should marry one of my roomies. Hes totally going to be at least a stake president. We just told him that he still had the chance to go on a mission and he was so excited/scared!!!
This week has been a very interesting week actually. We had an amazing district meeting where we talked about exactly what I needed to hear. I didn't even know that's what I needed to hear so good thing my district leader man is so inspired. (His name is Elder Raymond by the way. He wants to play football for BYU.. so if he ends up doing it I just wanted to say his name in my letter for proof that I actually knew him. haha.) Anyways we talked about those times where we felt the worst. Like the times when we "disappointed" our parents and we got the "i expected more from you" talk. And how heartbreaking it is to hear that. Sorry mom and dad btw for all the times I did that. But we paralleled it to our Heavenly Father and how badly we as missionaries need to strive to never let Him say He expected more from us. You should always do what is expected of you. Then it is up to you to do more then what is expected.
We also talked about how our missions are our greatest opportunities to become who we really want to be (who God wants us to be). Sometimes I get frustrated with whats happening and whats not happening and I ask myself... is this really worth it? Is this what I want. And then I realized that this really is what I want. I asked Heavenly Father to help me become more charitable, more patient, more Christ like over all and its not just going to happen at the snap of my fingers, it will happen over time as I work hard and rely on God. That sounded a lot less cool then I wanted it to but just know that I am understanding how God works more and more everyday. We have to have a good attitude about things, do our best and then leave the rest to Him. That's how things get done. God will always guide our path in the right direction, we just have to be willing to keep moving our feet, no matter how hard it is.
We get to go to the temple with our ward to help them do baptisms this Friday. Which is very rare. But because the ward asked us to go because they needed endowed sisters we got permission to go !!! YAYA! We get to see one of our converts go to the temple for the first time. Its going to fantastic.
Keep the mail coming friends and family!
ok well I gotta go,
I love you all to the moon and back
Sis Kaitlyn Wadsworth
ps tell linsey cahoon to go to byu so she can be my roomie when I get back and then she can help me with my hw :D:D
when does kenton leave? did he leave already? because justin from work is in the mtc right now!!
No comments:
Post a Comment