Wednesday, March 18, 2009

So on to some good stories. I had so much I wanted to say these last two weeks that I didn't get to. So I fell down some stairs in the projects last week, my companion got smashed by some subway doors, I trip alll the time, o man ... its all just so funny. Here we are trying to be dignified representatives of the Lord but because we are so tired we are just clumsy and silly looking haha. I love it.

I am so excited!! We have a baptism this Saturday. She is so excited! She is helping us teach her best friend and she is so cute when she talks about the gospel. We told her friend about the Restoration and Joseph Smith and our sister that is getting baptized commented after we told Joseph's First Vision and she was like "OOO man thats sexy" hahaha. O I bet Joseph was up in heaven laguhing saying man I have never heard that one before. Really though she was so cute just testifying in her own way that she knew that it was true to her friend. So sweet. She also said she wants to go to BYU now because we talk about it so much. She is just too cute for life.

Another investigator is set on his baptism on the 28th. I can't even tell you how excited I am. It was so cool to have sis Stirling back for a couple of days so we got to meet with him like good ole times. He took her departure pretty hard but he is doing good now. It was so exciting to talk to him about what is going to happen and who will do what. He has his Mormon friends from Provo and Texas all coming. One of his new little buddies will be baptising him. He asked me to give a talk. eekkks. haha. He really is so amazing. It has been such a blessing to be part of his conversion. I have no doubt in my mind that he will be a strong member for the rest of his life. I know he will be married in the temple and prob be a mission president one day. haha. Its very humbling to know that I in a very small way helped him progress towards happiness that will last forever. That I was able to help him live with God again. *SHIVERS* wow.

I got the socks mom. Thank you so much. they are perfect. I unfortunately didn't get my package because the APS forgot to give it to me and so sis stirling is going to get it for me next time she is at the misison office so I don't have to wait over a month for it. I love having hookups :D The mail has been coming slower and slower... I guess everyone is already forgetting about me. hahaha jk. I think its God's way of making sure I am really relying on Him 100% not my letters. jk.

So I don't know if anyone got to read the story in the Ensign this week called Learning to Share the Gospel but you really should read it. Its such an amazing talk. It has helped me a lot this week to continue to talk to everyone I can, even when I am tired because it talked about how when we are diligent in anything like talking to everyone we can God will see that and then trust us with more opportunities to share the gospel. So if he sees us working hard... we will find the people that we deserve to have but if we are not working hard... we wont find anyone in our sporadic efforts. We must be consistent in our service to the Lord. Don't' just do it when it is convenient.

I really would love some more pictures from everyone. I miss all your faces. Especially Janson pictures. I love the ones I have but more would be fabulous.

I got to work yesterday with sis stirling's new comp. She is in the spanish program and so she has been helping with my spanish. I have been having the strange desire lately to read from the spanish book of mormon and to work on praying in spanish. Just kinda as a fun challenge for me. We work with a lot of bilingual people and so I think it would be cool to be able to talk to them in their native language even if only a few lines or so. She said she was impressed with how much I already knew and that I just needed to work on learning Gospel associated words! yay! So that's a new development.

I just wanted to take this little extra time I have to tell everyone who reads this how much our Heavenly Father, God Himself, loves you. I am so grateful for the opportunity I have had to in a small way see everyone as God sees them. There are so many lost and confused people in the world. I sometimes wonder how God could love the man who just yelled profanity at me because he thought Mormons worshipped Joseph Smith. But then I see that God loves him too because he is one of his children. No matter how far we wander he always loves us and always wants us to be happy. He always provides a way for us to come back to him, no matter how lost we are. That is through Jesus Christ and His Atonement. Christ suffered all for us so that any imperfections we have that bring us sorrow can be erased. Not just covered up, but erased. I doubt I will ever fully understand the Atonement but I know that it is real and that it is beautiful. I know God loves us and that Jesus Christ to loves us. They would do anything for us, even send a scraggly sister missionary, to new york to share her small but firm testimony with a man who likes to yell profanity so that he has the chance to have the same happiness that she already knows. Thank you for all your support as I go about this great and marvelous work.

Ok i am off to trader joes which turns out to be the cheapest grocery store in NEW YORK... who woulda thunk?? haha

love you so so much.. even to the moon and back,

Love Sis

2 comments:

Krista Avance said...

Oh goodness I just love this girl!!!

Dave said...

Those were the days... :)