Wednesday, February 25, 2009

I'm working on getting some photos scanned and on the blog that Katy has sent us. For now here is the next installment of the life of a NY Sister missionary.....

It has been a very busy but great week. The miracles keep rolling in. We had amazing numbers this week for how many lessons we taught and new investigators. We hit standard!!! Which we have been working for since we got here. Its hard when you are white washing but I know when the Lord asks us to do something He will always make it possible.

Kevin you will be excited to know we have been teaching a guy who got a scholarship to play basketball for St.Johns. You will have to keep your eye out for him. We also have some of the most amazing investigators who keep surprising us in their willingness and desire to do whats right. One girl we are teaching lost her job right after we met her and then we taught her and she went to church before she found a new job and she told us when she got her current job that she asked for Sundays off. HOW COOL IS THAT? We hadn't even taught her about keeping the sabbath day holy yet. So cool. And another investigator continues to amaze us. He calls us all the time and is like can I have another chapter to read? I already finished the last 4. O HE IS JUST SO GRAND. His friend whom he grew up with and went to seminary with and stuff flew down this weekend to meet us and help us a little. That was a tender mercy that went a long way. He is really progressing. He is so smart and understands how important this is but because of that he is hesitant because he wants to know that it is true. Which is amazing but frustrating at the same time. Keep praying for him. He is such a miracle!

So I had my first baptism on Saturday!! It was such an amazing and humbling experience. I sat there looking at her in the baptismal font, making this huge step towards eternal bliss and I realized, Wow... I really helped her get her. I know it was far from just me but I really had a part in this. What an amazing feeling that was. I am so grateful for it. We are now teaching her sister and her friend. HOW COOL IS THAT? just barely a member and already sharing the gospel. Makes me a little ashamed for not doing it more with my family.

So a funny story really quick. We have come to a standstill in our dinner appointments (i guess the boys got tired of feeding us) and so last Sat we packed both a lunch and a dinner. Our dinner was some nice sandwiches which we were excited to eat but we decided to leave them at the church then come back and get them when we had an appointment there later. Then when we got there someone had locked our food in the kitchen!! uGGG... so we didn't eat them then ... so annoying but we decided to save them to eat for dinner the next day after church. So we get hungry and its time to eat so we go into the kitchen and look in the fridge and to our dismay... our sandwiches are gone!! Our other things are there but no sandwiches. Then we saw some of the elder's stuff in the kitchen so we figured they had eaten them. So we left them a nice note and went home for the day. They called us later and left a funny message saying how they didn't eat it and how they were appalled that we would think such things about them. But we didn't believe them and still fought that they did. Then at like 10:!0 that night my comp is rummaging in the fridge for something to eat and found ... the sandwiches... we had left them home the whole time. HAHAH... O k i guess you had to be there but we thought it was so funny that we let the sandwiches disappoint us twice ... when they were home all along ! hahaha!

Another funny story. We have this guy in our ward who is rich and likes to eat out so one day he asked if we wanted to eat lunch with him at this place called Le Cirque. We had no idea what it was so we decided to go. It was such a windy day that day and we looked totally nasty. o so bad. I was wearing like 17 layers and my hair was all out of whack. So bad. So we finally find this place and walk in and ... DUNN DUNN DUNN... It was no joke the nicest place I have ever eaten. They had a dress code there (which we barely passed) and everyone had these looks on their faces like ... what are you doing here?? O so funny. My companion was so funny because her skirt was soo staticy that it looked like she was wearing pants and she kept following me so closely and i didn't understand why but she was trying to hide herself because of her skirt. O it was so funny. So bad but so funny.

O well. That prob wasn't as funny as it was to us but I figured why not try and portray some missionary humor huh?? haha

Well I love you all so much and I really am working so hard. I'm exhausted already but I hope that's a good sign. I know that this Church is true and I realize that more and more with every mean person I talk to. haha. This gospel changes lives and I know it has changed mine. Don't be scared to tell people about the Gospel. I wouldn't be out here if I didn't know it was true.

Keep praying for me and my investigators. Keep sending mail everyone!!! I love it!! hahaha!

God is awesome!

Love you all to the moon and back

2 comments:

Rachel M. said...

I love the updates!! Thank you!

Melerella said...

Wow what great investogators she has! Our little Kaitlyn is such a great example to us all!