Saturday, February 14, 2009

Spread the Love

I'm a little late, but here experts from Kaitlyn's latest email to us....

Im really excited for pday today because we are going to go get a caricature (?) drawn of sis stirling and I as missionaries. haha Im excited.

So we decided as a Zone to do a zone fast over 13 days each companionship would choose a day and fast. We are fasting that we all can have a baptism in March. President has asked us to baptize monthly. It is so amazing to see the miracles that God lays before us. The day we fasted we looked up this former investigator named Dave and lets just say that he is a dry mormon. Meaning he just needs water (baptism). He is so amazing. He came to church on sunday dressed in a white shirt and tie. He used to go to seminary back home with a member friend and everything. We are so blessed to have him. OOO how sweeet it is!

It has been a pretty intense week otherwise. Lots and lots of work. The Lord is def trying our faith to make sure that we can do it. Every time we start to get discouraged we are will say something like "O something good has got to be coming cuz Satan's trying to get us down". But we dont let him and then we always see miracles. :D

So we started a sugar (dessert) fast on saturday as a sacrifice to show our gratitude for Dave and to give him extra strength. And o my. I know im not a big sugar fan but i feel like every corner we turn there is some amazing place to get dessert at here! And it all smells so good. It's so annoying but i guess thats the point of a sacrifice.

I have been working really hard and trying my best to be 100% obedient. I never knew how different NY would be from anywhere I have ever been. I can feel myself growing and becoming a better person as I strive to overcome my weaknesses. My companion is very sweet and always says nice things to me. She told me that she thinks im going to be the best missionary in the mission. haha. She said im going to have the whole mission wrapped around my finger. :D So I better get to work to make that come true! HAHA!

I love you all! Happy Valentines day. Spread the love that you have come to understand through the gospel with those around you. We are doing heart attacks for people and leaving them a plate of cookies with a church publication on Valentines day. OOO can't wait for Valentines day this year. Actually I really am looking forward to it for the first time in my life. :D Its such a dreadful day most of the time. haha!

Love you to the moon and back!

No comments: