Thursday, February 5, 2009

I can't believe I am really an AUNT NOW!!! AHHHH Janson you have the coolest family ever! Just so you know! Im not going to lie I did start bawling my eyes out when I read it and saw his picture. BUT THATS OK! HAHA. I am so happy that everyone is healthy and safe. Thats all I really need for now. It's funny because I totally bought a baby gift for Janson like two days ago and I was wondering if he was even here yet. WOW... so crazy. Britt I hope you are feeling well and I am just soo excited for both of you. I know you will be great parents! I can't wait to come home and see him! It will be fun to see him grow. DONT FORGET TO SEND LOTS AND LOTS OF PICTURES!

I get to go to the temple today!!! I'm so happy! We get to go every three months. What a blessing that is. I cant wait to just go and relax and be filled with the spirit without having to work really hard for it to be there... I donno if that made sense. I just meant that when we are with investigators it is sometimes so draining to try to keep the spirit in the room when Satan is obviously trying to distract them. I swear everytime I get to the restoration someones phone rings or the dog starts barking or our stop comes up. UGG so annoying. But anyways what im saying is that it will be a nice break.

So here is a story that I am super excited to tell you guys:
So we met these two boys last week named Eric and Adam. They are both really nice guys. Very... ghetto haha. Struggling for money and really don't have a place to live. But very kind. So we taught them one lesson and then we were planning to meet them another day. So that day rolls around and we went to visit a less active at work but he wasnt there and so we were leaving and crossing a very busy street where tons of people were and then I saw Eric and Adam and I was like HEY HEY and they ran over to us. And we just thought it was crazy that we actually saw them. So we decided to just teach them the next lesson then and we did it in this really cool old library. And as we were teaching them Eric told us how he really needed money for rent and that when we saw him on the street he was literally on his way to go rob someone and steal their computer. !!!! ahhh sister wadsworth FIGHTING CRIME!! haha Crazy huh? Then he promised us that he wouldn't do it any more and that he would use other resources and he just talked about how badly he wanted to change but he felt like there was no other way. So we talked about the Atonement and the power that God has to change us. And I said the closing prayer and just prayed really hard for him and asked God to give him the strength to overcome and to find ways to get the money that was pleasing to God and when I opened my eyes after the prayer this 25 year old guy was bawling. It was pretty intense. But amazing! We will let you know how things are going for him. We are a little worried about him so we are fasting on Thursday for him and he actually asked if he could fast with us. So cool.

Anyways... so its rough here and people are so interesting sometimes. They constantly laugh and us and say rude things and while I was reading my scriptures I ran across D&C 45:59 and it just made me so happy. It talks about what will happen to those who laugh at us :D!

So New York is crazy. The pizza is amazing. And just so all of you know being a missionary and being a tourist in New York is not the same at all. HAHA. This is def not all fun and games. Although sliding on the ice everywhere is pretty fun. :D

I know God can present us with miracles but it is only after the trial of our faith. I never knew how necessary it was to take that leap of faith but really without it we will not progress. The good thing about being members of the church is that we know God will ALWAYS catch us.

LOVE YOU ALL TO THE MOON AND BACK!
-Sis Wadsworth

EXTRAS FOR THE BLOG:

Sara, Suzy, Mel, Megan, Emily, Liz, Rachel, Kimchet, Dona, Kassy, Cathy, Jare and all my glenwood buddies: I love you guys all so much I hope school/life is going well. Keep up the good work. Do service all day everyday. Spread the word with all those you come in contact with. PLANT THOSE SEEDS!

No comments: