Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Here is the letter we received this week from Katy.


OOOOOOOOOOOOO HELLO FAMILIA!!!

I dont know how I feel about this email only thing. I think you should send me stuff in the mail too! :D Because sadly I have gotten no mail my first week except one letter from Sis Woods. Which was so sweet by the way. I need mail.. man its no fun having a rough day then opening the mail to see that everyone but you got mail... again! HAHA its ok I am sure I will get used to it. I should be more positive.

Well... lets see I dont even know where to begin. ITS ROUGH. haha. But I figured it would be. White washing in your first area is not easy. We are both pretty lost but are really determined so its all good. My companion is from Gilbert Arizona and she is a doll. Very sweet and spunky. Our mission President said we are quite the power house together. I think he meant that in a way that we are both crazy!! haha.

So ... New York is big, cold, dirty, stinky, and pretty cool. I think it will take some getting used to (like pretty much everything on a mission).

So I had my first piece of New York pizza a couple of days ago. OOO it was so good. We don't have much time to stop and eat because we run around working so much but we stopped quickly to grab a piece one night and i just loved it. There are so many places I would like to eat here but there is just no time. haha. We are so busy it's nuts. We are constantly working. Which is so good because it keeps my mind off being worried or homesick. We do 3 min contacting here. So every three minutes we have to talk to someone (at least) so that we know that we did all we can to contact the people we asked God to put in our paths. It's pretty sweet but also very hard. Because almost all of them reject us or say something rude about mormons. I have never felt so rejected in my life. I love it :D haha. My companion just came from upstate and so she missed contacting in the city. She is like a little tornado on the subway. Talking to each person she can. haha. I am still warming up the the subway thing. SUBWAYS ARE CRAZY! They are so packed full and bumpy I have to hold on the the rails for dear life most of the time. I have a hard time thinking about anything but not falling. haha. But I have been praying to be more comfortable with subway contacting because it really is a perfect time to do it. People cant run away from you! Its funny how people would rather risk their lives by running into on coming traffic rather than talking to me. HAHAH. NICE!
We have a mission goal to get a baptism every month and then our ward wants to have 6 more baptism by March and so we are working really really hard and praying really really hard. My district is soo cool and my zone is even cooler. We have Chinese and Sign Language Missionaries. It's awwwwwwwesome. They asked me to bear my testimony at Zone Conference to bring the spirit back after lunch (I donno why they asked me, I must need the practice) and it was soo crazy (and hard not to get distracted) to watch them interpret what I said into sign language. HAHA. So sweet.
So we walk A LOT. Because I am in a singles ward we cover 2/3 of the city and a small island. It's crazy. My feet are so torn up :D Love it... ahah. Our ward is so cool. So missionary minded that it is such a blessing. I really love it. The ward members are all so different and in their careers. Its cool because they actually feed us sometimes and they like to take us out to eat. Tonight we are going out for crab. I kinda feel bad but when we are so busy we skip meals a lot so i love the excuse for a forced meal :D. So I really dont think I will have a problem with gaining weight :D.

We have a baptism already set up for next month with a sister. O she is just so grand. I love her. She started with the previous missionaries and we inherited her. O she really just makes me so happy. We have a lot of new potentials that we are working on so pray for me to be able to work with them well and teach them what they need to hear. I need all the help I can get.

Well I hope that I have said what you wanted to hear. Sorry im not super exciting like I said... im still adjusting. I do love it and am getting more used to things but Wow... its a lot of new stuff :D haha. I love you all and cant wait to hear from each and every one of you :D

LOVE YOU TO THE MOON AND BACK
-Sister Wadsworth

2 comments:

Mrs. Webb said...

Oh, little Kaitlyn! I miss her reading this! :)

Rachel M. said...

ME TOO!