Wednesday, January 7, 2009

First Week at the MTC

So I hope I can get out everything I want to say. So I have been here for a whole week!! Its so crazY!! So right after I left you guys I followed the signs for new missionaries and got to a little registration place and the old guy there was like "Wow you really took that band aid analogy seriously didn't you? You're the first one here!" (Insertion from Pauline. They said saying goodbye is like taking off a band aid. Sometimes the faster you do it the more painless it is.) It made me happy. haha! So I'm not going to lie things have been pretty rough and intense. BUT... I have been praying hard to feel like I am supposed to be here and that I will do well in my studies and I am feeling much better now. I know Heavenly Father is proud of me and He only asks me to do my best. I have the greatest companion ever. She is super upbeat and lovable. She keeps me moving but I feel like she is sooo amazing and that I can't reach to her level. Then this funny thing happened yesterday. She told me she felt the same way about me. HAHA! Who woulda thought? Shes adorable and we get along sooo well.

So the studying is intense. It's really crazy to have to focus on the spirit 100% and learn more and more about the gospel. I LOVE IT! One thing I don't really love about the MTC is the food. I hate having to eat 3 times a day when they tell me to. I have not had time to breathe from all the food they give us. I actually lost a little weight (weird I know) but the food here is NUTS! So many options! HAHA!

So being a sister at the MTC is awesome!!! Its like being royalty (says my companion). There are like barely any of us and so the boys always open doors for us, take our trays after we eat and stand up when we come to the table. They are sooo awesome. It was really weird for me at first because I dont usually like that kind of intense attention but Im getting used to it. The elders in my district are SOOOOOOO amazing. I really love love love them. (not that kind of love) just like a spiritual kinda love. We will be at dinner all sitting together laughing our HEADS OFF (o man they are so funny) and people will walk by and be like "wow looks like were missin out on something" and I totally agree with them cuz WE ROCK! We have a huge spectrum of personalities. It is so awesome how God knows who you should be with. One of the teachers told us that it actually done randomly by a computer but that computer is the most inspired computer I have ever heard of. We call it God's computer with a holy ghost chip! 

And thannk you soooo much for your letters! The elders all call me miss popular because i get the most mail most of the days so far. But I try hard not to dwell on it. I am working really hard to make sure that I obey all rules and so one rule is that you cant read your mail during the day time because you should be using it to study or listen in class and its sooo hard but I have waited. EVERYDAY till I got home to read your mail!
I love you guys so much and I love mail. You guys are amazing thanks for the support. Heavenly Father is sooo amazing and He will give you anything you need! 

Love you to the moon and back,
Sis. Kaitlyn Wadsworth

No comments: