Wednesday, February 18, 2009

To the Wadsworth-alots

I decided to steal sis wood's title for me as the email title. she is such a doll she writes me every week with her grandsons. She is so wonderful. Tell her thank you and how much i appreciate them.

SO this week has flown by last pday was an experience. We told you that we were going to get our picture drawn and we were so excited we went to time square and found a guy who would draw us both for 10 dollars. He didn't speak much English and so we pointed to our tags and said make us missionaries and make sure to put our tags. And he just laughed and smiled and we were like... ok. Then he started to draw and we sat there smiling and excited expecting greatness. But as people would walk by they would look at the picture, look at us and then laugh. So we just thought ... whatever its kinda weird i guess. Then he was like ok I'm done... you ready? And we were so excited ... then he turned it around and i couldn't help it but my eyes went huge and my mouth dropped open. He had done prob the complete opposite of what we asked. Not only did it not look like us but we were in skanky dresses with huge boobs and butts with a stripper pole on the side... .AHHHHHHHH!! So scandalous! We paid him and walked away and walked in silence for like 10 blocks then all of a sudden we turned to each other and just started laughing and laughing and laughing. oooo sooo funny. and horrible at the same time. We will prob throw it away but we took a picture to send you. o man too great. Then we went to the store and spent 27 dollars on 3 small bags of groceries that we needed. OOO THIS PLACE IS CRAZY EXPENSIVE. We are one of the most expensive missions in the world. No surprise there. We get 180 a month. Which really feels like nothing sadly.

So we have been goin out with some members of our ward to eat because the Elders are in charge of feeding us now and the sisters go on splits. So most of the time we get take out with them because they are lazy haha. But this one guy took us to this amazing greek place. That was sooo expensive and soo not what i expected to eat as missionary. O so delightful. The food here is so awesome though. If i had more money and the time I would so get fat. HAHA

Another cool thing that happened this week is that after district meeting we convinced all the boys to do facials with us. hahaha. It was so strange they were way more excited about it then we were. I will send the pics. They had cucumbers and all. SOOOO great. I loved it.


O so we ended our sweets fast on SATURDAY HALLELUJAH! ... I am never doin that again because all i did the next day and a half was eat sweets. HHAHA.No it was good and we know it was a sacrifice so we were blessed.

I still can't believe I am in NEW YORK. I feel like I haven't had a chance to actually soak it all in but I guess that's good because then it means Im working hard.

I love you all so much and am really working so hard. I am working so hard that a couple of nights ago my comp knocked over our lamp and broke it like 10 mins after I went to bed and I didnt even wake up or hear it!!! And everyone knows how light of a sleeper I am!!!! CRAZY HUH? Its good though I plan to come off the plane and crash to the finish line. Then I will know FOR SURE that all the things that I am missing at home will have been worth it. I am so excited about all the things going on back home. Its so strange to think things are still moving without me hahaha. Selfish I know.

I hope all is well with the extended family, with the ward, all my cute old people friends, all my roomies, all my college buddies! I love you all and am so grateful for your prayers and support. KEEP THEM COMING BECAUSE I AM LOVING ALL THESE BLESSINGS! haahah!

I know that this is the true church because it is what brings true happiness through Jesus Christ. Don't be afraid to share this beautiful gift we have with those around you. Plant seeds, be a good example. :D

You are all sooo amazing!

LOVE YOU TO THE MOON AND BACK

-Sister Wads Wheezy (That's what my district calls me and what is written on our district tshirts... o lovely huh??)

No comments: